1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Looking to Buy Blue Sapphire Damsel (Springeri Damsel)

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by isufishtank, Mar 8, 2019.

1. isufishtank

Ames, IA
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Looking for a peaceful Sapphire Damsel in Ames/Des Moines area or to pick up at Springfest!

2. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Most damsels are not mellow

3. isufishtank

Ames, IA
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    )
    I'm aware, however the Springeri is actually quite tame (I've been personally recommended it by another GIRS member and have done quite a bit of research and asked on forums). That'ss not to say I couldn't get a particularly mean one but the general consensus on them is that they are almost always peaceful unlike most other damsels!

4. Deleted member 1172

Deleted member 1172 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have 3, two of the three are pretty chill, but one is a terror like other damsels. I'll sell it to you for free if you want it and if I can catch it!!

5. isufishtank

Ames, IA
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I'd love to take him but I don't have the biggest tank. He would be the last fish going into the tank so that might help curb aggression as well as the fact that he's going into a new tank. Do you think he'd be okay with a firefish? I'd hate to take him and then have to move him somewhere else.

6. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    You're correct as is Clay. My springeries killed themselves off, 1 by 1. Ugh. I have 2 left in the 180
    .Each has their territory on each end of the tank
    Great fish for color and pest control

7. Deleted member 1172

Deleted member 1172 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey it's up to you! Firefish kind of like to chill in one general location a lot of the time. I know for a fact that it'd take a while to catch it, so it'll be a while anyway. What size setup do you have? Sponge summed it up perfectly regarding their behavior.

8. isufishtank

Ames, IA
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I've only got a 20 gallon, so my space it pretty limited. The firefish has already staked his claim on a cave, however I do have a separate rock structure that I was hoping the damsel would take a liking to.

9. i have 5 Springeri from The Fish Room in Fort Dodge.They are all really mellow, however not the brilliant bright blue that Clay & Terri have-- more of a deep intense blue with black pattern on their sides. You have to call ahead and they will order it in for you. They are not too far from Ames.

10. isufishtank

Ames, IA
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I'll definitely look into them, thanks!