1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Black Clown mix with a False Perc?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by acidlittle, Dec 25, 2007.

1. acidlittle

Beaverdale
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What do people think about mixing a small black clown with a rather LARGE false perc?
    Think i will see some clown kung-fu?  Cos I don't want that!

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    They may breed, makes some funky kids though

3. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am no expert, but I have one black clown and two false percs. They have been living together for for then a year now and seem to be fine together. Every once in a while then spute, but nothing major. They are in a 72 bow front, the size of the tank they are in will be probably the biggest factor

4. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known ReefKeeper Vendor

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    We've got one of each they fought over the anemone for a while but eventually paired up and now they seem to spawn every couple of weeks. Never tired to save the offspring though it would be interesting to see what they would look like.

5. acidlittle

Beaverdale
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    How long were they together before they started to spawn?

6. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known ReefKeeper Vendor

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Posted By acidlittle on 12/28/2007 3:40 PM
    How long were they together before they started to spawn?
    I would say a couple of months.

7. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Both the black clown and false are the same species, just different color variants. They will pair up and their resultant fry are mostly orange with random black markings.

8. acidlittle

Beaverdale
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    That's what I thought but I like having it reassured by ya'll~!! Would it be wise to get one as a baby or one that is slightly smaller then my full grown falsie? I don't want to see any clown kung-fu going on in my tank!

9. acidlittle

Beaverdale
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Jamie I didn't realize you were on ebay, I actually (by pure accident) just ordered 2 bags of the reef rocks, and am very impressed. I also had no idea that you were located in Iowa! I've already directed a few people to your website! Great prices great products, how can you lose?????! thanks!

10. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Try to get as small of a clown as you can. Also try to only buy a clown that is still housed with many others as a clown that has been in its own tank for over 2 weeks will have started to turn female in many cases.

11. acidlittle

Beaverdale
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ah thanks, great advice!