1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Beyond the Reef?

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by JB, Jan 28, 2008.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know if this store is still open and if so, what their hours are?   Every time I go by there it's closed.
    I know they used to stock a couple of products that I like, so it would be nice to figure out when/if they are ever open so I could go pick some up.
    I hate to see another saltwater shop shut down, but I can't see how they can stay in business without some semi normal hours.
    [​IMG]
    -JB

2. Benji

Benji Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

3. Wenszoo

Wenszoo Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    every time I try to check them out the open sign is on but the doors are locked

4. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I've had the same thing happen to me.

5. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The same happened when I tried to take him a flier. I had heard at the meeting he might be moving to a new location, and he sold the set up in front. I dont know for sure, just what I heard.

6. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I drove by and he happened to be open. He is definitley moving, but he's not sure where yet, it sounded like he had a couple of potential locations on the NE side of Cedar Rapids (which is good for me).

Anyway, I talked to him for a couple minutes about my cyano problem and he seems like a really nice guy. He mentioned that he really doesn't want to have to move much stuff to his new location so he's going to be making folks good deals on stuff until the move. It sounds like he even wants to sell his big display tank.

So, if you are in the CR area, stop in and check him out. Unfortunately, I get the feeling his hours are still going to be hit and miss for now, so you may want to call first.

-JB

7. mr.jeff.wagner

mr.jeff.wagner Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where at in CR is this store located?... I would go check it out.

8. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It's in a little strip mall on third ave (one way) on the SW side. I don't know the address or the phone number, but if someone else has them please post.

-JB

9. mr.jeff.wagner

mr.jeff.wagner Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Haha... Ive been in there before.  I liked the display tank.  Maybe i will go back and see what all hes selling.

10. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    363-2927

11. peircer

peircer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Beyond the Sea 427 3rd Ave SW, 319-929-3472
    Tom's a great guy, I have the same complaints about the non regular hours, I've learned to call first then go...