1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Best Live Guarantee

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Troy, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, last night I came home to find my blue spotted goby had become adventurous jumped into the overflow and ended on top of my sump pad.  Of course by the time I got home he was dead!  So, I am possibly going to be looking to get another one sometime in the future, if I decide not to go bare bottom.  Since many of the hobbist have ordered fish online, I am wondering who has the best live guantee?  Thanks for the input!

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I buy 90% from Live Aquaria.

Good service & packaging.

15 day guarantee. They take your word for it, no water samples, no pictures, no sending back the dead fish.

3. wolfman1973

wolfman1973 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i buy mainly from blue zoo and pet solutions and have had great service from both

4. Bzishka

Bzishka Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i recommend goin and supporting your local fish store, and if there is a special fish that you want, just ask the lfs to order it for you. the economy is hard enough for pet stores. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/clap.gif

5. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Posted By bzishka on 04/22/2009 10:48 AM
    i recommend goin and supporting your local fish store, and if there is a special fish that you want, just ask the lfs to order it for you. the economy is hard enough for pet stores. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/clap.gif
    If there was a decent pet store within a good driving distance I might think about it, but I would rather get good healthy livestock that they will stand behind.  There are a few good places in the state, but I am not going to spend 3-4 hours on a trip to buy fish.
    I dont understand how the online places can offer a 15 day guarantee with shipping it, but the LFS says it is yours when you hit the door.
    I would rather not turn this thread into a debate of buying local or not, but rather who has the best livestock & guarantee. 

6. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By xroads on 04/22/2009 11:01 AM

Posted By bzishka on 04/22/2009 10:48 AM
    If there was a decent pet store within a good driving distance I might think about it, but I would rather get good healthy livestock that they will stand behind.  There are a few good places in the state, but I am not going to spend 3-4 hours on a trip to buy fish.
    I dont understand how the online places can offer a 15 day guarantee with shipping it, but the LFS says it is yours when you hit the door.
    I would rather not turn this thread into a debate of buying local or not, but rather who has the best livestock & guarantee. 
    Well said Xroads

7. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like DFS if something is DOA or dies within guarantee just call and tell them. They dont hassle you or want a frozen fish sent back they just give you credit, pretty much no questions asked.

8. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks everyone for your input.