1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Berghia Nudibranch Group Order Info

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JB, Jan 12, 2008.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Ok, since Nick hasn't had any luck getting them (thanks for trying Nick), I think I'm going to go ahead and organize a group order this week.   So... If you need any Berghia's (AKA aptasia eating machines), read below:

GROUP ORDER INFO

Here's where I will be ordering from:
    Salty Underground
    http://www.saltyunderground.com/
    I will be ordering 6 adults myself, so if we can get 6 more total, we will quailify for a small shipping upgrade and free box charge.  
    On top of that, they have a shipping sale going on right now, so we should end up getting a pretty good deal.
    Shipping will be split up based on order total, so if you're part of the order makes 50% you will pay %50 of the shipping.   The total shipping charge for the whole order should be around $36, maybe a bit more if we don't order at least 12 total.
    Anyone who wants to order, please PM me on this site no later than tuesday.   I would prefer that everyone PayPal me for their part of the order no later than wednesday night.   I may be willing to float one or two people until they pick up their part of the order, but don't count on it.   Plan on Paying in advance.
    Last but not least, I will be placing this order on Thursday morning (Jan 17th.).    I will place the order with FedEx priority overnight so it will arive at my office friday morning.    We have a tank at my office, so I can float the stuff in the sump while I'm at work.
    If you plan to be a part of this order, please plan on picking your stuff up either Friday night (I live in Marion) or Saturday afternoon during the GIRS Kickoff meeting.
    For detailed information on Berghia's  read Calfo's article here:
    http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-01/ac/feature/index.php

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    man. i wish they were cheaper, i have a bunch of tiny aptasia i could never kalk.

3. wesly2007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I would like to get one of them.

4. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I would like to get some. I need to see if they are safe with a six line wrasse in the tank.
    Wesly, I would buy at least 2 or 3 so they breed and lay eggs.

5. wesly2007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ok two works for me.  im not going to be able to make it to the meeting thisweekend so I will see if Ben or David could bring them back for me.

6. wesly2007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    im only puting them in a 55 with very little aptasia

7. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Just a reminder, anyone who wants these needs to PM me exactly what you want by tuesday night.

-JB

8. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    JB I would lke two of the berghia's. I can pay you now or at the meeting, just pm me your paypal address if you need it now.

9. mr.jeff.wagner

mr.jeff.wagner Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would also like to get 2 of these.  PM me your paypal address and final cost with shipping.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

10. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I would like 3 of the Berghia. Please PM me your paypal address.
    I have enough aptasia in my tank and refugium where I think I can breed them and sell them to anyone in the Des Moines area who wants them.
    I would reccommend everyone who gets them to read the articles in the link that was posted. Last time I tried this, I put four in my tank and they all dissappeared and my aptaisa is still here. So im going to keep the breeding pair in a seperate container and grow out the young and put them in the tank this time.
    Thanks,
    Chris

11. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Cool, looks like we'll be getting the free shipping upgrade.

-JB

12. Tina

Tina

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, i didnt see any prices for the nudi's could i ask how much they are a piece?

13. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Posted By watersprite on 01/15/2008 5:50 PM
    Hello, i didnt see any prices for the nudi's could i ask how much they are a piece?
    All the info you need is at the site we are ordering from:  http://www.saltyunderground.com/
    I'd post it here, but there are a couple of different options.
    By the way everyone, I spoke to someone at SaltyUnderground today and not only do they have enough to fill our order, they said the ones they have right now are of a very nice size.    And after talking with them, there's going to be a slight change of plans.   They encouraged me to do the order on friday and have it delivered via FedEx on saturday morning, so I'm going to do that and pick it up from FedEx myself before the meeting.   That should help ensure that we dont' have any losses (not that I think it would really be a problem).
    -JB

14. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Just an FYI, I got everyone's info and I'll be sending out totals tomorrow. (One day behind since we are ordering a day later).

-JB

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    jb- just so ya know -im to pick up the order wes made. he is sendin money with me. (idk if he pmd you or not)

thanks

if anyone has nudis that breed- id be interested in getting a few. i just dont want to spend 45 / 60 bucks on these bad boys. ( i suppose if everyone breeds them and thne sells them for 15 bucks a pop what am i to do...)

16. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ok, here's what I have so far:

JB (That's Me!) - 6 Adults
    Billy - 2 Adults
    Jeff Wagner - 2 Adults
    Tibbs - 3 Adults
    Wesley - 2 Adults

I'm still need a final conformation from Hopper75 for 2 adults.

So we have a grand total of 15 (or possibly 17 Adults)

I'm going to get the ball rolling on this tomorrow morning and I should have totals for everyone tomorrow. I will PM totals and my PayPal address as soon as I have them available.

If anyone on the list is NOT in for the order, please speak up ASAP.

-JB

17. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Quick Update:

Unless I am calculating something wrong, it looks like the worst case for shipping is $2.50 per adult nudi.

So in other words we are looking at probably less than $17.50 per adult nudi with shipping included.

-JB

18. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ok, the order has been placed and everyone should have a PM with their totals.

We ordered 15 adults total and the shipping came to exactly $30 which made the Berghia's exactly $17 each.

I will be picking up the order from FedEx as early as possible on saturday. They are all coming in the same bag, so I'm going to have to take them home and acclimate them in more water before repackaging them for each person who ordered. The fine folks at SaltyUnderground are going to include detailed instructions on how to get this done and they stressed that if any of us have questions about acclimation, etc. we should not hesitate to give them a call (Lisa there is very nice & helpful).

So, don't forget to bring some type of insulated container when you come to the meeting so you will have a place to keep them until you can get them back in your tank.

Thanks everyone.

-JB

19. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The Berghia's arrived in really good shape. I am drip acclimating them now per SU's instructions and will have them in individual containers at the meeting.

-JB

20. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    LOL, I put a couple of aptasia in the container that I have my nudi's in and they didn't last long.

Gentlemen, I think we have our cure for aptasia...

Now to get them to multiply so I can put some in my display tank...

-JB