1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Begining of the year tank tour *JANUARY 30TH*

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by adampottebaum, Jan 13, 2010.

1. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Yea that shouldn't be a problem.

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    As far as I know the 30th works for me.

3. jwess

jwess

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just looked at the schedule and it doesnt look like I can get the day off. Depending on what time we start I could be stop and would tag along for as long as I could. I leave for work bout 2:30.
    Josh

4. paulk

paulk Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Probably won't be able to make it, definately won't be able to be a stop.  I'll be out of town.

5. tgauger

tgauger Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If we already have a surplus of stops, I would like to politely withdraw from the route. I have started to have some issues with the tank and am planning a major overhaul to my system, and as such have no idea what shape it will be in at the time of the tour.

6. paulk

paulk Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey, what time are we planning on starting the tour.  If it's early enough I may be able to make it for some of it and if I were the first stop maybe even be a stop. I'd hate to miss it.

7. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    So Jeremy, did you still want to be a stop then?

8. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Adam,  It doesn't matter to me, if you want that many stops, sure, if you think there are enough already that's fine with me too.
    What do you think about the poker run idea?  I think it would be pretty fun, we would just need to get some sort of prize lined up.  If nothing else we could all through a few bucks in a pot and whoever has the best hand at the end wins the loot.
    I've been on a lot of tank tours, just trying to spice things up a bit.

9. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Yea I think that could be a great idea. I'll do some thinking as to what the prize would be.

10. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Adam. I remember Paul saying that he lives in janesville so it would be a little farther to travel to his place, But that is up to everyone to decide if they want to drive there

11. matt1971 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I plan to check out the stops.

12. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Yea Janesville would be quite a ways to drive for a tank tour when he can only have his place a stop right away. It would work out nicely if it was a last stop, not everyone would have to go. Hopefully Paul is available next time.

13. SneakyPort

SneakyPort Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Adam
    I not available on the jan 30th so I wont be able to participate unfortunately.  I already saw when you were doing it and knew I couldn't attend.  Thanks for thinking of me though.  I should be available the next time hopefully.
    Matt
    Ps Your horse is doing well and starting to change a greenish color.  Its pretty cool![​IMG]

14. Will E

Will E

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This sounds like something that would be a lot of fun and really interesting. I am very new to this world and would love to see some other tanks.

15. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    That sucks that you can't make it Matt. Thanks again for giving my seahorse a home while I'm getting things setup at my new place, it really helps not having to setup two tanks at the same time.

Will, it'll be nice to see some new faces, look forward to seeing you.

16. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    So, for stops we have:

Casey(ruggerkc)- Can be a stop.
    Josh(waterfowler)- Maybe a stop, will know on Monday/Tuesday.
    Jeremy(waverz)- Can be a stop.
    Brian(fmsill) - Can be a stop.
    Brad(bhoward)- Can be a stop.

I'm still debating if my tank will be presentable enough to be a stop. If Josh is available for a stop I probably won't be, but if he is we will probably have enough places to not need my place. My tank is up, I just need a few things first. My new radium bulbs will in tomorrow, so I'll have my lighting done. My uni-seal slip fittings for the corner overflows should be in by the end of the week, so I'll be able to get the plumbing all done over the weekend and have the sump going early next week. My fish and corals are all doing good, but my corals are pretty small still, so there won't be a ton to look at there...

Is there anyone else that wants to have their place a stop? It'll be a great chance to get some helpful ideas on what to change/improve! If anyone knows anyone who needs that push to get them to speak up to be a stop, please talk to them...

-Adam

17. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i think that 6 stops should be the most stop we should have. this tank tours always seem to take longer that first though

18. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Yea we'll see what Josh decides.

19. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Gonna do my best to try and make it up for at least some of this...

-JB

20. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Ok I think I got the route finalized! Here it goes:

1. Josh Wessels
    2. Brad Howard
    3. Casey Schares
    4. Brian King
    5. Jeremy Meyer

Now, is 5 stops enough? We can stop at my place if we need another stop, it's literally one minute more of driving between 1 and 2. I've got everything transferred over to the 125, it's nothing stellar yet, mostly big coral frags, but the fish are pretty fun to watch. I plan on having my place as a stop on tank tour number 2, so it doesn't bother me either way.

Also, do I need to make a new thread in the members-only forum where I announce addresses or can I post that here?

One more thing...I will be printing off a bunch of driving maps for people at the first stop so no one gets lost!

-Adam