1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Banded Snake Eel for sale

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by calebjk, Nov 21, 2009.

1. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have this banded snake eel for sale. I have had him for 2 years and he is a very interesting animal. He eats mostly krill and jumbo mysis and is friendly to everything else in the tank. I am asking $50 for him.
    This video was taken last week. He currently measures 2' in length
    This video was from at least a year ago. He tunnels himself in the sand like this on a regular basis. the rest of the time he swims around the tank.

2. waterfowler

waterfowler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He is real cool wish I was set up for him!

3. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If anyone is interested then please make me an offer. If you need a tank to put it in, I am selling the complete setup that he is in :)

4. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey, this guy is still for sale if anyone is interested.

5. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What size tank is he in now? I would like to take him but they need a bigger tank than a 75, which is what I have.

6. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He's actually been in a 75 for the two years i've had him and gotten along just fine. it shouldn't be a problem if you have a sand bed that he can bury himself in.

7. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would probably take him however I dont know when the next time I will be in cedar rapids will be. I will talk to the other half tonight and see when that would be.

Thanks,
    Joe

8. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sounds good to me. where are you located?

9. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I still have this eel and would like to sell it. If anyone is interested shoot me an offer.

10. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I will give you $50 for the eel if you can bring him to frag fest for me. I have a 75 gal refugium that I was thinking of tearing down and I can put him in there my system is over 600 total water volume

11. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well ninjadude... your in luck. cbort is comping at the bit to get this eel but you responded before he did. I will gladly bring it with me to fall fest. It would be good if you could bring a 5 gal bucket to put him in, or trade me.

12. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I will bring a reef crystal bucket that has a lid with holes drilled in the lid I can paypal you the money now or give you cash at the frag fest