1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Ballast Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nuccatree, Nov 8, 2009.

1. nuccatree

nuccatree

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am looking to set up a tank and want to have a single MH light in the center. I have the pendant and socket but  was wanting to know if I can use something I can get a the hardware store, or the like.  any suggestions or ideas? or if you might have something we could make a deal on just let me know.

2. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I may be wrong but I don't think that hardware stores generally sell halides (at least I have not seen them). What wattage ballast are you looking for? I have a 250w blueline ballast that I ended up not using becaise I am going with 400 watt lights.

3. nuccatree

nuccatree

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking 175 or 250. I have some spare 175MH from my other set up and do not have too miuch that needs too intense lighting.

4. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that would work. Like I said, I may be wrong, but I don't think most, if any, hardware stores sells halides. Would be interested in knowing if they do though! The only non saltwater place I have seen selling halides is plant growing websites. I imagine they might have them in a hydroponics shop too? Not sure if they have any here in IA, they did back in CA.