1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Back in the market for a job...

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by ZLTFUL, Apr 17, 2008.

1. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So, I went in today to find a meeting request for an 8:30 meeting with my boss and my boss' boss in the conference room adjacent to the security desk.
    Seems that riding my motorcycle around the gate and parking in the parking ramp is a termable offense and since they had me on tape doing this, I am now looking for a new job.
    No former employer bashing. **** happens. I accept it and move on.
    That being said, I am now looking for another IT or telecom job. My qualifications will be discussed with any potential employer, lets just say that I have a very broad base of IT and telecom knowledge to work with including server and network administration, programming, troubleshooting and repair.
    So if anyone knows of any company (other than Wells fargo teehee) looking for a good IT geek who is a VERY fast learner, let me know.
    Thanks!
    Ryan

2. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear that Ryan, so you can't ride your bike at work and park it, or what?
    Anything to bring the small man down nowadays.

3. ZLTFUL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I didn't have official access to the parking ramp connected to my security badge. I just went around the gate to park in the ramp. The funny thing is, I parked in the ramp from June to October last year but on the 1st floor in a corner. Now this year, the first time I ride in and park in the ramp on the 3rd floor, I get canned.

Oh well. Lesson learned.

4. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Check with RC, they seem to need alot of help!

I am in waterloo, if I see anything here I will let you know.

5. ZLTFUL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The problem is, I have a hard time being a prick and it seems RC only needs pricks on staff.

6. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well regardless, just because you don't have security clearance to park is no need for losing a job.
    I just don't understand what the big deal is. I guess that's why i don't work in the office.
    Because i don't like authority.LOL

7. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Oh, have some faith Ryan. I am sure you could do it! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/w00t.gif
    Posted By ZLTFUL on 04/17/2008 2:00 PM
    The problem is, I have a hard time being a prick and it seems RC only needs pricks on staff.

8. ZLTFUL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the vote of confidence Joel. :p hehe.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You'd have no trouble being a prick if you had to deal with relentless whining from hundreds of different people /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

10. ZLTFUL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I do that here. Oh wait...maybe that's just my schizophrenia...

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ryan, call me. I have the hook up for you.

Jerry

12. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Ryan, sorry to hear about what happened. The only thing they should have done was to tell you to stop doing it. Hopefully you'll be back to being gainfully employed soon.