1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Baby Bangaii Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coral_bandit, Apr 11, 2009.

1. coral_bandit

coral_bandit Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  2. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations! I've been wanting to get a pair of Bangaiis. I don't know how much you've read up on raising them, but I think it's best if you get an urchin for them to hide in.

3. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    In a magazine I looked at you can get a big ball of epoxy and put a bunch of zip ties to make it look like an urchin. It's a cheap way to simulate an urchin so you don't have to buy one. As for the brine shrimp, I bought that first one(the instant baby brine shrimp) and I didn't like it. I just put some in my tank for my corals and stuff, but then about 2 weeks after I got it I tried hatching some of them in an inverted bottle for hatching brine shrimp eggs and none of them hatched. About 2 days after trying this they just started to smell bad and didn't look any different at all. I refrigerated the jar right after I got it, but I might have gotten an old jar or something though, so who knows. If you do get it let me know how the instant baby brine shrimp jar works, maybe you'll have better luck!

4. coral_bandit

coral_bandit Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have Caboose- iq of 3, and he's my algae control and Bangaii Crib
    He's in on of these pics

http://myreef.wetpaint.com/page/Fish