1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Are you looking for lighting options?

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by billbigsbe, Sep 18, 2009.

1. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Here is the absolute latest in lighting! I talked to the owner who said they would discount the ballast only until the day of the Atlantic city coral convention. Here we go! $400 for a ballast and 400w uisho 400w14K SE bulb+15sh. It will work on any mogoul socket w any reflector. check it out and i might need bail $$$ from yall if I get cought robbin someone!!!LOL Check it out natural cloud movement and exact K value hold at any wattage change! Dims %55 from 400w to 225 w! In the works for live weather hookup! Check it out and dig deep!
    http://www.aquactinics.com/pages/VB400.php

2. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Seems pretty awesome but I wonder if this would make a bit of difference to the livestock..

3. nielsen2773

nielsen2773 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You guys seen to forget you dont need all that fancy ballast and 2 different colors bulbs.JJ did it with VHo's 400 Watt metal halides 20k and simple ice cap ballasts and no one in iowa has a tank that looked like his Quite wasting money and get your girlfriends some new teeth.

4. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Huh?

5. nielsen2773

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Inside joke you don't get it!

6. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That thing is sick! Might have to look into for my new build. I think it would be worth the money. Glad my girl has a perfect smile, dont have to save money for her teeth.... WTF ever that means. lol

7. nielsen2773

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It means Boats and Hoes!

8. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    loved that movie haha

9. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Speaking of JJ, I heard that he had a major tank crash and sold off a bunch/all of his stuff.  Any truth to that?  I hope that's a false rumor, because he had/has an amazing tank!
    --AJ

10. nielsen2773

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He sold everything and is going a different direction.

11. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not doing saltwater anymore? Freshwater? Away from aquariums in general? Not sure what your comment means.

--AJ

12. nielsen2773

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think I heard some kind of softies tank? Or a anemone and clowfish tank?

13. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Huh...interesting. That's a heck of a setup for softies...heh He seems to be the kind that goes all out in whatever he does so I'm sure however he sets it up, it will be fantastic.

--AJ