1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Are these harmful???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kyle, Jan 25, 2009.

1. kyle

kyle Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I found still another new item growing in my tank.This time they appear to be either a different kind of paly or a small anemone.They are about the size of a zoa polyp, are dark brown with a deep green disk.The tentacles tend to grow out at an angle.I never had these till the last big piece of live rock was purchased.They are showing up in different spots. Good news on the other hand, since treating for pox all my zoas and palys are taking off like crazy. :)

2. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Do they look this common button polyps?   They were practically only thing that grew from my live rock I got from petsolutions.
    Or does it look like this?
    [​IMG]
    which is apstasia.   You should get rid of it and can use Joe's Juice.

3. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    This is called a majano. You really want to get rid of them too if this is what you're talking about.

[​IMG]

4. kyle

kyle Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not like any of those.The green palys I have too, but they tend to grow from "Runners" into a colony.These are seperate individuals.Pretty but still would like to know what they are. Fortunately I haven't had and mojanos.I still have one or two tiny aiptasias in remote unreachable sections of the rocks.But they are either semi transparent or a pale brown.

5. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    could you take a pic that would be the most helpful

6. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was wondering if u were still around!
    is that a pic of Jeremy's tank??
    :)

7. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I'm still around. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif I check in every once in a while.

Yeah it was a picture I took of Jeremy's tank during the tank tour.