1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Arduino Reef Controller - Build Thread (Well Maybe)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThyRaven, May 19, 2011.

1. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sparkfun and Adafruit both offer LCD displays. I think Adafruit probably has better support and tutorials. Sparkfun has better selection. I have a small one but haven't had time to play with it yet. Stupid work is killing my project time.

2. ThyRaven

ThyRaven Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I second that stupid work getting in the way. Cant wait to finalize my business plan and get some money and start it up but til then I haul my butt outta the house and off to work.

Still working on getting an LCD. I'll check out Adafruit and see what they have to offer. I got a couple 1 wire bridges and some LED 7 segment boards from Maxim-IC. Just waiting on the mail.

3. ThyRaven

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to tonyb292 I scored this guy for $75 -

http://afishybusiness.com/Protein_Skimmers/Octopus_Needle_Wheel_Skimmer/Octopus_NW-150_Protein_Skimmer_NEW_2010_CONE_MODEL?zenid=5uos018sl8gh4u8iobfbjsjkc3

and a Mag 5 Pump. Getting yet another step closer to getting my tank running. O and I have gotten the beast moved into my basement awaiting water. But before I can add water I'd like to get my sand bed done and have some of the live rock in place.

Anyone got sand and / or rock for cheap?

I also got my 1-wire bridges in the mail today so I may be able to start working on my controller again! Woot!!

4. ThyRaven

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Been a while since I updated this. I have gotten my temp sensors working. Still waiting on my pH probe where I can start working on that circuit. Also slowly working on getting my relays working. Currently have them designed out but nothing physically built but will be doing that here soon.

Side note: Thanks to ReefDumb I now have 100+ pounds of LR in my tank, a Korlina 4 and half a bucket of salt /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/biggrin.gif. Also thanks to Shuan for the 90 pounds (5 gal bucket) of sugar sand as well.