I thought I'd document my progress as I build a fish room - a literal room full of aquariums. At least 36 planned ones to be exact. Then I thought, "Hey, maybe others would be curious about it or learn a thing or two. Maybe it'd inspire someone else? Maybe I'll learn a thing or two too." So here we are... A little about me (in a nutshell): My name is Daniel. I've had aquariums for a couple decades and been a member here for years. Moved around a lot - helped a lot of people with their aquariums. Ended up getting a BS in Animal Ecology with a focus in aquaculture and pre-vet at ISU. Moved out of state for awhile down to Florida, but now I'm back - with my wife and one year old daughter in tow lol. I will end up having a few different sections of aquariums when it's all said and done: - Saltwater Community (10x 35 gallon tanks and 1x 57 Gallon rimless) - LPS (80 gallon rimless) - SPS (80 gallon rimless) - Softies/Zoas (80 gallon rimless) - Freshwater Community (10x 35 gallon tanks and 1x 57 Gallon rimless) - Cichlids (6x 35 gallon tanks) - Feeders (75 gallon tank) - Coldwater/Goldfish (4x 35 gallon tanks) - Koi/potential Stingray System (undecided volume) Pardon the mess, but it can be difficult fitting everything in the room lol So I arbitrarily selected a section to build after some thought on how to build aquarium stands. I wanted to build something where I could have sumps on the bottom and two rows of tanks on the top. So I came up with this: Unfortunately, the first hiccup was that I didn't realize the tank's dimensions I ordered were the GLASS part - not the frame on it. So, I had to modify the stand to fit larger-than-expected 35 gallon cubes. I made a section behind the aquariums for me to get to. This will allow me to walk behind the aquariums to fix any leaks, do maintenance or access hard-to-reach places. I added two rows of 35 gallon cubes after I screwed the entire fixture into wall studs. You can get a sneak peak at the bottom right corner of the black siding. I will end up skinning the entire fixture (and future fixtures) in black. Here I started plumbing the sump and the UV sterilizer to the tanks. I put ball valves on each aquarium, so that I can isolate for any potential disease or leaks. On an after thought, it occured to me to add ball valves in front of the rows so that I can shut off the whole row at once. I'm glad I opted to install the extra valves. Now to add water (created from the RODI unit): So far, so good! After filling all six tanks, I started fiddling with some spare lights I had. In the long run, this 6 tank system will be for cichlids. I'll finish skinning the structure, blocking the lights from the plumbing, turning on the UV, adding a background, adding materials to block fish from jumping out (or into neighboring tanks too) and I'll be adding some more sand (and eventually some decor) to the system. I put some in to get a sense of what it'll look like and to see if I like it. So far, so good. More updates to come!