1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Aquasurf + Tunze 6055`s

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coralfreak, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Coralfreak

Coralfreak Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I decided to give the flow in my tank a little upgrade, I had been using 3 modded Tunze 6025's and a 6045 which worked great, but was somewhat static.  I did have one of them on a timer, but they really arent designed for that. 
    The Aquasurf is a VERY cool little piece of equipment, probably one of the best things Neptune systems could have added to their line.  Less expensive than the Tunze multi-controller and the fact it is run by my AC3 is great.  Fairly simple to program and very versatile.  I am still messing with it, but have created a fairly good wave for daytime and set up a calmer, oscillating mode for nightime.  The 6055's are also great, just like the other nano-streams, small and quiet.  Kind of a pricey upgrade, but I am very happy the setup.

2. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    glad your liking it! did you go with just one 6055?

3. Coralfreak

Coralfreak Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, I went ahead and got two of them.  Glad I did, their is so much more you can do with two controllable Tunzes.  Plus its nice to just have the two pumps vs the four I did have.

4. Lee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    how about some videos?

5. Coralfreak

Coralfreak Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My camera isnt all that great for video.  That and I still havent got much of a "wave".  If I can get some more visible action going on I will give it shot thought.  I dont know that I will be able to get much of one, with only have 2' to work with, its hard to get the timing just right to make a wave.  Right now I have the 6055's on the sides, towards the back, I am going to move them to the back glass today and see what that changes.

6. Coralfreak

Coralfreak Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Made a few adjustments and have the tank rocking pretty good now, thanks in part to Sone.  I have them both pulsing every .3 seconds, seems about the best I can get, up or down from there seems to cancel out the wave.
    Here's my best attempt at a video, not much light but you can sorta see what is going on, the movement in the tank is AWESOME!!

7. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's sweet.

8. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I've only been able to get a 1/4" wave with my 2 6055's, but considering that they are in a 6' 125G tank, that's pretty good.

I've been really happy with my AquaSurf & 6055's, but in reality, I probably should have bought bigger pumps. I just like the 6055's because they are not nearly the eye sore that other pumps are.

-JB

9. Coralfreak

Coralfreak Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I dont see the 6055's being able to do much more than that in a 6' tank.  4' is probably about the max.  It is impressive, though, what they can do for their size.
    I have set up three different profiles for each pump.  One slightly milder setting for night time and two more aggressive ones for daytime.  I have the day ones alternating every half hour.  Should really keep things mixed up.

10. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I ran over the 40 line limit in my program when I was adding my pump profiles, so I ended up being limited to 2. In fact, I had to remove some other stuff to make room for just he 2 and I'm using all 40 lines. That's the downside of the ACJR I guess.

-JB

11. Coralfreak

Coralfreak Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I didnt realize the Jr was that limiting, that sucks.

12. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm...I think I'm going to have to come over and see this for myself. Sounds like a neat setup. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

13. Coralfreak

Coralfreak Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am definitely happy with it.  I did some more messing around with it and came up with a side to side wave.

14. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looking good!!

Welcome to the Aquasurf Club!

eins

15. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The 2nd video is much better, looks like they work good.

16. Lee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dang, looks like a tsunami in there with all that surface agitation. I'm sure the 24" length makes it hard to get large waves too.

17. Coralfreak

Coralfreak Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I agree, I like what its doing it the second video a little better.  I actually am using both, switching from one to the other every half hour.
    It is a bit of a challenge in a small tank, since you have to make the on/off times so short.  But it is working great.