1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Aquarium Plumbing Supplies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bela, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Was just wondering where you all get your aquarium plumbing supplies, namely things like bulkhead fittings, hose bard fittings, and plastic hose clamps. I can find them easily online, but would like to just buy someplace local if it is cheap enough. None of the local hardware stores seem to have it online. I have not checked in store but usually the entire inventory is viewable online as well.[script removed]
    I suppose I will add that that bulkhead fitting I need are three  2" and one  1.5" in case anyone is wanting to sell some they have sitting around :)
    AND since I am a noob, the way I measured that was the diameter of the drilled holes. Hope I did that right! :)
    [script removed]

2. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    glass-holes.com is where I get most of mine at.

3. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok so I don;t know what I am doing LOL. Here is a link http://glass-holes.com/category.sc?categoryId=32 there are about five different bulkheads in the 2" catergory that I can choose from. What is it I need and how do I know?

4. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It just matters which one you need.   Threaded means that it's threaded inside.  If you put a strainer on it, you should get a threaded strainer and the bulkhead threaded on the side that you want to put it on.
    Slip, is just like a PVC couple or most other PVC connectors where you slip the piece in and glue it.
    The the difference between short and tall is just how long the pieces are.

5. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ah ok. THanks! [script removed]

6. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is the general consensus that there is no place local to buy bulkhead fittings? And what the heck is this script reomved nonesense after every post of mine?

7. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not sure where you are located. But I know that Pets Playhouse has them. I got all of mine from here.

8. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Bela, The only place local around here I know that has Bulkheads is Sprayer Specialty in Des Moines just off 141 near Grimes. But the price you pay there will buy two at glass-holes.com and they have free shipping over $15.
    Also, tell glass holes the size of your actual drilled holes. The measurement of the hole is NOT the size bulkhead you need the hole is larger. You will most probably need 1/1/2 and 3/4 or 1" for those size holes.
    I get what I can at Lowes and the rest usually at USplastic.com.

9. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks much Joel and REEFER. Just the information I needed. Looks like it will be way more economical to order from glass-holes (even that seems kind pricey for some threaded plastics LOL).
    They were really helpful too when I messaged them. It is a waiting game now. I'll let you know how things turn out once they arrive. :)

10. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if you have kids, but don't open your glass-holes order in front of them. (I show my daughter new stuff for the tank) My first order came with skittles and starbursts. Needless to say, I got none of the goodies.