1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

AquaController 3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -=kevin=-, Apr 16, 2008.

1. -=kevin=-

-=kevin=- Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'm trying to set up an AC3 for remote access.  I have it wired to my router and I can read Temp, PH, ORP on any pc in my local network. 

Now what? 
    I went to neptune's web site and downloaded the latest "free" version of AquaNotes,  in the help section it talks like the free or lite version won't let me set up TCP server something or other - I'm sure I read on the website that that was possible with the free version.  Also, can I use my windows vista machine? I wouldn't think it would matter, but vista is not listed in the help sect. of Aquanotes. 
    Anyone want to let me barrow their copy of pro version to set up?  Then I'll jump over to the reef tracker forum.
    If you know a good website with a tutorial please let me know.  I'm no expert network setup guy, but I have a couple pc's wired to the netgear router sharing the cable modem internet and printer. 
    TIA'
    Kevin

2. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would go to the Neptune forum on Reef Central....
    They have great support and help there.

JUst post your question and you will get great help...

eins

3. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Or just call Curt. He's a great guy to work with on stuff. Just make sure your standing over the controller when you call.
    You should be able to set it up for remote access with out  using Aquanotes. Do you have your port forwarding set up yet with your network and do you have your website set up somewhere? I am using dyndns.com for mine.

4. -=kevin=-

-=kevin=- Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks guys.  Nope, no port forwarding or website set-up, I'll look in to that now.
    (Oh, by the way nobody needs to know about this AC3 thing. ie. the wife)
    Thanks,
    Kevin

5. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    And soon ....... Reef Trakker will support user websites. Maybe even after this weekend.