1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

aqua deal?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cowdust9, Sep 10, 2009.

1. cowdust9

cowdust9 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    has anyone heard of aqua deal lights? asking cause they are cheaper than anything else i have seen for being a complete lighting setup here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/72-Aquarium-Metal-Halide-MH-lighting-1134W-Reef-Lunar_W0QQitemZ290342529094QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4399c36846&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

2. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    To me they look like a aquatrader light. Now they do work, I would know since i run one right now. But I think in the end you won't be happy with it. You will need to replace the bulbs about ever 6 months, and even then you won't get the quality that you are looking for. Just my 2 cents.

3. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I bought some inexpensive MH bulbs from ebay recently because of seeing a positive review from another site and thinking that I'd only be out a few bucks if I wasn't happy. So I spent $50 for three 20k bulbs, shipped. The bulb on my frag tank exploded and killed at least 20 frags and the par on the other two bulbs is HORRIBLE!!! While they look good to the eye, I now am spending another $180 to get the bulbs I should have just ordered in the first place.

Lesson learned: You Generally get what you pay for!!!!!!

4. cowdust9

cowdust9 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok thanks