1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Aqua controller Which one?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phathead, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Phathead

Phathead Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I am in the market for a aquacontroller before I get my big setup going again.  I look online at the 3 different models and I am just not sure which one I should get.  I know I am at least going to get the 3 or 3 pro is the pro really worth the extra money?  I see all the add ons that you can buy for it but it really doesnt do a good explanation of exactly what comes with the unit  like timer outlets for example.  I see it says it can control 30 items by timers but I know that doesnt come with that many plug ins on the base model.  I know alot of people in the club have been using them now for awhile I guess I am looking on some feedback to which one I should get and what comes with it and where to get it the cheapest.  I will be running a 125 with a 110 gal sump/refugium/frag tank. 

2. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would just go with the acqucontroler 3. I think the pro is a little over kill, the 3 will be able to do anything you will want it to do. All the extra's really depends on what you are wanting it to do. Really you would only need a DC8 and the base unit to get started.

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I run the AC3 and also think the Pro is overkill for most tanks. You may want to look at the Reef Keeper Elite as well. It has a few advantages (and disadvantages) over the AC3's.

4. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Bite your tongue JB. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/shocked.gif I agree the AC3 is plenty. I run it and have more timers than most people except JJ and maybe Ein. If you need to control your toilet flush like JJ then get the Pro. Many of us have experience with these so feel free to ask other questions. The unit itself doesn't come with any outlets unless it says it comes with a DC8, DC4 or DC4HD. 8 and 4 are of course how many outlets the strips come with, most people get a DC8 and expand from there.

5. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Digital Aquatics comes with an RKM-SL1(PH Probe, ORP port, Temp Probe, and 2 float switch ports), 2 RKM-PC4(2 4 outlet controllers, for total of 8 outlets)which can be expanded to like 64 total outlets.[​IMG]