1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

April or May meeting

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Guest, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let's discuss when/where we want to do something in the next few weeks.  Perhaps the 19th?  What do you want to do? 
    Talk amongst yourselves and I'll make a decision this friday-
    Ryan

2. Nykademus

Nykademus Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I must have really bad luck. These always seem to go down when I have plans or am out of town, which I will be on the 19th.

Someday...

3. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Unlikely that I will be able to attend the 19th myself. I am on call that weekend.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "perhaps" the 19th? I'm taking suggestions, no iron fist involved. When would work for everyone?

I was just making a suggestion because I know I don't work that weekend.

5. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The 18th in Des Moines or 19th in Ames works best for Linda and I. We would try to make it down to Des Moines on Saturday as well. Every 2nd weekend from there also works for us, so the weekend of May 2nd works as well.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, so what about the 2nd, other folks?

7. Nykademus

Nykademus Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The 2nd would be fine for me.

8. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The 2nd works for me as well.

9. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm in for the 2nd/3rd weekend and I think we need to actually see some tanks this time! The last couple months its been too cold to do anything but sit inside when we get together, so I'd like to get out that Saturday and head up and see Joel's tank (and his coding "lair" where he develops reeftrakker) and anyone else in Ames we can get to participate. Depending on what stage of construction Brad's basement is in, he might let us swing by and check out his tank in Ankeny, and then we can head down to des moines to see some people's that we haven't yet seen or seen recently.

Also if no one likes that idea I need to make an ATO for my tank, and I'm sure others have things they want to make (Ryan Holl - weren't you talking about a DIY Kalk stirrer/reactor??) so maybe we could find someone with some garage/shop space and some people with some DIY skills and have a DIY day with a couple different things being built? Added bonus is we could get some pics and post the instructions on GIRS website.

of course I'm always in for meeting somewhere for dinner/drinks on Friday night if that's what everyone wants to do... maybe heading to Wayne's house to play rock band!

10. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    May 2, would prob work. We can always use my garage if you guys wanted to. I have an assortment of tools. I'm down with making a ATO as well or whatever.
    Phil, my 8-year old is the king of Rock Band. We do need someone on vocals to complete our Partridge Family band.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey wayne, we could build your skimmer that day.

12. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually that would be alright. What do i need to get for pumps,uniseals etc.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nothing. I'll order everything for you tomorrow in exchange for some acrylic /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif src="/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif" align=absMiddle border=0>
    I'll call you tomorrow Wayne.

14. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Whatever you want to do. I'll talk to you then.

15. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    An update on my availability - apparently May is wedding month, cause I've got 3 saturday weddings!! One of them is the 3rd, so if we get together on the 2nd I'm available, but if its on the 3rd I'll have to catch up with you guys next month.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, since your topoff is one of the projects it'd be good to have you there.
    How about it then? May 2nd @6:30? Wayne will that work for you?  (Wayne has offered his garage for a DIY meeting)

17. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You mean you guys don't just want to build my top-off for me!?!

That time works for me, but I will have to figure out what the heck kind of top off I'm going to build, as well as assemble the necessary materials...

18. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    May 2 6:30 works for me. I will not be building the skimmer now since i ordered a "BAD BOY'' i hope. Do you guys want to grill out or what????
    Let me know

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That'd be cool.

Do you want me to bring some mesh and we can mesh mod your bad boy? Turn the bad boy into one mean ****** ******?

I'm going to post this to the homepage, guys, since we're doing something legitimate /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

20. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would but it is already meshmodded, (both pumps). What do you guys want to do about food?