1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

April Frag Swap...

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by ZLTFUL, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Nykademus

Nykademus Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would be willing to help with setup in any way needed.

2. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is everyone going to have "a table" whether or not they're selling frags? I can see someone wanting to get rid of a pump or some of that stuff that connects together (what's that called?? /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif) but not actually selling any frags and so they wouldn't have a for sale table to put the dry goods on...if that was the case I think having a separate table might make sense.

but if we're actually going to be charging for the tables, then yes if anyone wants to sell something they have to pay for a table and I don't care if they're selling frags or dry goods.

3. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    and joel - I don't think your being argumentative at all - we're just discussing ideas, and I've never been a frag swap before so I don't know what's already been tried and proven to work/not work...so I'm definitely not taking any offense.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just thought it'd be nice to have a centralized area for equipment, but it wouldn't really make too much of a difference.

5. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No I guess it wouldn't except someone would have to man it. Not that big a deal and then maybe people could  browse everything they might want in one place.
    Ryan, has it been decided on the format? Are we going to buy tables and half tables and then buyers pay $5 to get in? I think that worked very well.
    Another thing, I know alot of these issue are being decided by the BOD and the local area reps (Ryan for DSM) so much of our convo here I guess may be just for fun. That is if I could just get Phil to quit arguing with me it would be fun. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/hehe.gif

6. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This thread gives me goosebumps... I've never been to a frag swap before and I can't wait to go to this one. I'll help if anybody needs me too.

7. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I already promised cake...club sponsored or not, I am bringing cake.

And some Xenia (Ryan, you can have your's whenever you want it), and some torquoise shrooms, and maybe some other stuff...

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Joel: Sellers will be charged a price to sell. No tables or half tables. We didn't discuss what we would do for vendors.

No conversation is "just for fun," ideas from here and the other forums make their way into our discussions, and at least two things that I brought up and will be incorporated into the swap were things that I didn't personally dream up. I am in on the BOD chats and forum, and if the swap is a flop everyone gets to point at me, but your ideas and thoughts are what the BOD is about. We're the final say, the club commands the ideas and discussion. In my eyes at least.

9. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let me know what i could do. I could possible setup that 29 gall. for a holding tank. Ryan Sholl call me when you get a chance i wanted to talk to you about "THE SKIMMER" and a few other things.

10. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey Wayne, if you are talking about that big ol bottle of a skimmer Ryan has, I just built one a couple of weeks ago. Maybe we should start a new thread to talk about it. I actually looked but couldn't find Ryans build thread when I was building mine. Mine works good but but not great yet. I have more tweaking to do.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    WIll give you a call later on today, Wayne. And my name's Holl, FYI /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have to google for it every time, but at least I know how to find it!

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1215950

13. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ryan, i just got your message i will call you tomorrow. My son shut my phone off. Joel, you took the diy plunge, check out Ryan's skimmer,his is a beast. I would build one if i had the room.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Guess I should try to find my phone, then, huh?

15. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well i got busy again, working weekends is killing me, sorry i will call you Tuesday night.............

16. mnballard

mnballard

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just wondering if you should put this up as a news article on the front page with all of the details. It's just over a month away. Also volunteering myself if you need any help with anything, let me know.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, we do need to do exactly that. I've been planning on posting info and finishing and distributing the flyers tonight, since I have time.

Thanks for the offer. If I need anything I'll certainly let everyone know.

18. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Any word on those flyers? Only a month away....
    tick tock tick tick tock

19. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is there a flyer out there and I haven't seen it? I'm wondering if admission to the park is discounted or included in a price to go to the frag swap or if there is a price to be in the frag swap. Also, we're probably going to stay overnight there, so maybe the locals could recommend local hotels etc on the flyer, if one hasn't been made up yet. There is a local radio station that sells dicounted Blank Park Zoo passes, but I have to buy them this week, so I need to know, thanks!!!

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Admission to the event is free, but does not include admission to the zoo. Admission to the zoo is regular price. There are two flyers made:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]