1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Apogee PAR meter group purchase going on now. 40% off!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slovan, Oct 29, 2008.

1. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I saw this on Reefcast.com and thought I would pass on the news.  They are doing a group purchase on the meters at 40% off.  They are normally $249 but at 40% off, that drops the price down to $150.  That is an awesome price!  Group purchase link.

2. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Has the group ever thought about purchasing one of these and allowing it to be checked out? Maybe even rented for a nominal fee (like $10 for a week or something). Seems like it would be a cool thing to have available but not cool enough for me to drop $150 on. I would even be willing to go in with a few others here in CR and purchase one as a group. Doesn't seem like something that would be needed very often, but would be cool to have access to it when you need it.

--AJ

3. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guess that's the nice thing about being a scientist.  We have these types of meters all over the place...  No need to buy one when the lab down the hall has one crammed in a drawer /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/tongue.gif

4. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I know the club discussed buying one of these and loaning it out a few years ago and the idea sounds great but the logistics of the shipping and handling of the meter makes it a really bad idea. Theres so many "what if's"

5. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    "What if" Jason G would buy one and let me borrow it for an hour?

;-)

6. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I can see that.  It's too bad, because I can see how this would be a great thing for the club members.
    --AJ

7. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ya, what if Jason G buys one and we all can borrow it for an hour??? /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

8. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What makes the Apogee better than the Milwaukee? Just curious because the Milwaukee is almost half that price.