1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Anything New?

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by glaspie69, Jan 9, 2008.

1. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Just wondering how everyone is doing?, if anythings new?, how tanks are? the basics.

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I am excited as hell. I almost have my refuge built & in place. Skimmer is ready to hook up. New bulbs for the lights.
    I will have to have you over in a few weeks when I get it put together & you can critique me.

My initial algae bloom is almost done. My caps are growing great, my lps are looking good, but cant see any growth yet.

3. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Good to hear things are going good, I'm not sure I'm one to critque anyone, but I'll look, smile and nod lol. I'll hopfully get off my butt long enough to get my new frag tank and sump hooked into the system so I'm not so embarrassed to show it to people. Right now its just a 40 and a mess of crap surrounding a 40....looks like a non-polished turd. Hows the new house treating you?

4. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Its great, we love the country. I only have to the end of the month to work on my tank & then I have to start working on the house again. We have another good year of work left. Lots of finish stuff, land scaping, garage interior, patio, crap like that.

I think I want to try & build a Nielson reactor sometime & grow some phyto.

5. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Not much new here, been doing a little more fragging here and there, looks like i'll have about 100 corals to take to the MARS swap, hopefully i can sell most of them, if not i'll bring them home and grow them up more and try to sell them at Rockford.

I was thinking about adding some bathroom fans into my canopy to heat my porch in the winter. Should be pretty simple and kinda fun.

6. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    100 corals, good lord thats alot of bagging. I have two new bathroom fans i bought cheap at a garage sale if you want them let me know

7. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Heck yeah i want them. Gonna be around this weekend J?

8. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Haven't been up to a whole lot here. Been working on the house. Got all new windows in my upstairs and one of the bedrooms gutted down to bare studs (originally lath and plaster /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif ) rewired, reinsulated, I ripped out the chimney, got the drywall on and the first coat of mud finally on Sunday! WHOO HOO! Only one more bedroom to go and a hall way and I'll have the upstairs done!

9. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Yeah I think I'll be around all weekend, I can't say much about your frag pop I'm hoping to have around 125-150 for the Rockford swap. Just need to get the frag tank set up....that might help.

10. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    This is what I started with:

/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

[​IMG]

A little deeper:

[​IMG]

Deeper yet:

[​IMG]

11. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    REALLY DUSTY!!!

[​IMG]

Finally on the flipside!

[​IMG]

And more:

[​IMG]

12. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Good work Matt, I'm so glad i didn't have to do much work on my place, i t would never get done.

/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

13. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    looks good and almost done with the fun part. if it makes you feel better i get to do that in a couple months

14. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Well good luck with your project. Plan on it taking a lot longer than you anticipate. Also make sure you have enough budget. Little things that spring up end up costing a lot more than you think. I originally was planning on ripping down the paneling throwing in new windows and drywalling right over the old plaster. Cheap right! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif Well after I started ripping everything apart the plaster was actually falling off the walls and ceiling. So I decided to rip that all down. Then I decided as long as I went that far I just as well rip off the lath and reinsulate everything and run all new wiring. I ran 5 new circuits up from the basement so that each room and the hallway and lights will each be on there own circuits and then I have 2 extra's up there that I can run over to the kitchen so when I get to that part of the house I can pull the wires down from the attic. Gone through 4 250' rolls of 12-2 wire already and at $80 a roll it adds up quick!

15. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    yeah thank fully i have all new wiring already and after i am done with the inside i am replacing the roof siding and blowing in insulation, thankfully i know alot of contractors

16. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well my tank is going good, just letting everything grow, finnely got my ro system setup, got a new puppy on monday, and playing some wii. Thanks about all for me