1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Anyone with a Orange Fin Tomini Tang?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gb387, Jul 8, 2009.

1. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am looking for a 'different' tang, really don't want something everyone else has, right now I have a Powder Blue and would like to get a Orange Fin Tomini Tang.  Anyone have one?  Every one have varying opinions on mixing tangs, I know around the DSM area there are lots of tanks with mixed tangs.

2. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    get a purple tang :) i have 2 tangs in my 125 a blue hippo and yellow and have no problem. orange fin would be awesome though

3. psulion

psulion

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have an orange fin tomini. He's in with a yellow tang and they get alomg fine. No aggression from either one. Powder blues are notorious buttheads though. Might depend on your tank size if they will get along.

4. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I have a yellow, a blue hippo, sailfin, powder brown, and a mimic tang in my 300. they get along except the hippo gets agressive but not just to the other tangs but to all my fish especially to my bluejaw and pink tail trigger. I am about to catch him and put him in my 125 fish only. he is slowly taking the butthead crown away from my tomato clown at least he doesn't attack me when i reach my hand into the tank. I also plan on adding a nasio and a purple tang when i find ones at a good price. it seems like the more tangs I put in there the better they get along.

5. Reefdumb

Reefdumb Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a blue unicorn and an orange shoulder together, and doing fine. I plan on getting a sailfin and a clown tang.

6. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK - got my Tomini Tang... SWEET!!! Thanks John!!

I really like him, fit the bill I wanted a black bodied fish, he isn't quite black but close, some neat patterns on the body and those cool orange fins. If he is like my powder he will color up more with my feeeding routine. He seems to be mixing rather well with my Powder Blue and the rest of the tank mates... the powder is the boss and everyone in the tank knows that. They now both swim together/around each other with no problems. The Tomini is eating very well!!

PS - Shoot me know I didn't QT him. I like playing with fire!

7. cowdust9

cowdust9 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thats cool man im happy they are doing well with each other :)