1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Anyone with a NICE RBTA clone?

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Guest, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Like it says, I would prefer one with a deep rich color. Prefer a red/purple foot, and disc. Would like to offset cost buy trading coral for a clone but am willing to throw in money also. I'd prefer a small one but large is acceptable too. Thanks much ladies and gents!

2. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There's something to be said for a man that knows exactly what he wants... :)

--AJ

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, was I being to limiting? I wasn't trying to offend anyones stuff...

4. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, not at all...it's just a nice change to see someone posting a WTB thread with something so specific. Usually it's something like "WTB - Good Lighting" or "WTB - Skimmer" without the specifics that are needed to determine if what you have is what the buyer is looking for. There's no question about what you are looking for....very specific. Nice!

--AJ

5. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea I asked for a RBTA a while ago and didn't get much responses. Good luck!

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm getting responses, I can send my overflow your way when I get the one I want if you'd like!

7. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also, there were a number for sale at Fall Fest last year. Obviously some better than others... You know who has some awesome RBTAs is Caleb. He showed them off on our last CR tank tour..very nice.

--AJ

8. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    People must like you more than me or something! haha, but I have a friend that propagates them and he's going to sell me one sometime soon. Thanks though.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guess I jsut mass posted sorry Adam, seriously though if that falls through let me know and I can gvie you some names! AJ would those be in any of the pictures? And the specific one I wanted was just like the one I got from the Fest last year!

10. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think so.  You can try PM'ing him if you want.  His handle is "calebjk".  Now, at the time, he didn't have any and he was going to set up a new propagation tank so that they would split and he could sell them, but I don't know if he ever did that.  And for the record, I asked him to let me know if he was ever ready to sell any and I've not heard anything, so he probably doesn't have any available, but he has the nicest ones that I've seen.
    --AJ 

11. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think, pretty sure, this is Caleb's RBTA.
    http://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/Community/PhotoGalleries/tabid/57/AlbumID/461-43/Page/1/Default.aspx

12. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think you're right. I love the way those look! Wish mine looked that good.

--AJ

13. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I purchased one a few weeks ago from a member ( I wont say any names ) but it turned out to be just a rose  not a bubble tip like they advertised! so now I need to find a home for it and still need to get a RBTA.

14. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not starting another issue or anything, but there is alot of that going around here lately.

15. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also from what I have have seen wheather they get that bubble look to them depends on their environment.  Mine when purchased had these big full tenticles like 3/4 inch think, in my tank they are very thin and spagetti like.  Still looks pretty, but I know for a fact it was a bubble tip because when I purchased it I could see it.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The bubble tips more often than not do not come out. Some ppl's systems for some reason cause them to always be bubbly, and when transfered they do not. Sometimes they stop/start bubbling without known cause within the same system. Mine, that is gone, bubbled for a while when i got it. Then went away. Then split and were all bubbles again for a while. Technically theyre all bubble tips, just notalways bubbly. Theres no gaurantee that if you buy one from someone that is bubbled up it will stay that way when entering into your system. just FYI.

there are many reasons ppl think have to do with the bubbling ranging from too much/too little light, hunger, flow, etc...

17. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Jmadison on 08/25/2009 11:19 AM
    The bubble tips more often than not do not come out. Some ppl's systems for some reason cause them to always be bubbly, and when transfered they do not. Sometimes they stop/start bubbling without known cause within the same system. Mine, that is gone, bubbled for a while when i got it. Then went away. Then split and were all bubbles again for a while. Technically theyre all bubble tips, just notalways bubbly. Theres no gaurantee that if you buy one from someone that is bubbled up it will stay that way when entering into your system. just FYI.
    there are many reasons ppl think have to do with the bubbling ranging from too much/too little light, hunger, flow, etc...
    Agreed.  When I bought the one I had, it had bubbles but lost them as it matured.  It's the " name" but not really an accurate  description.

18. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guess that would be the case here, I will keep an eye on it and see what transpires in the next few months.
    CyberJester good to see you back on.

19. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey Brad.

That has some nice color to it. Alot of people like the white steaks in them.

That is the way alot of mine look.

Do you feed yours small meaty pieces?

Mine sometimes looks exactly like yours, & sometimes it bubbles up. There have been a ton of studies & no one knows for sure why they do that.

Craig