1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Anyone want to order livestock with me?

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Philby, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It looks like they're completely different entities and so I don't think clams can be part of the same order, sorry.

also after a little more looking I think bluezoo is in Carson and clams direct is in San Diego...

2. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Phil,
    After looking over the site, this is what I want...
    10 Nerite Snails ($4.80)
    5 Cerith Snails ($2.40)
    5 Astrea Snails ($2.40)
    1 Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp  ($8.48)
    Plus whatever my share of shipping will be.
    And maybe a small monkey to take care of feedings for me.

3. Rachael

Rachael Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Phil, you rock for getting this all together -- here's the definitive (I think) list of what I want: 2 Scarlet Skunks, 5 Astreas, 5 nassarius (the cheaper ones), 10 ceriths, 2 lettuce nudibranchs and one Pink and Black Sand sifting cucumber. I think that's around 52$+shipping. I'll push Ryan #1 to make a final list to add to that tonight also...

Marcus - I just called Blue Zoo about the clamsdirect thing and they said it ships separately, they just have the redirect because they are good friends with the folks at clamsdirect.

4. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No problem - unfortunately unless they get one of the blennies I wanted in stock before we order - looks like I won't be getting any fish this time around, but that's OK, i needed a CUC more than I needed fish anyway. Of course I could always just get a midas blenny or 2 barnacle blennies (I've got 2 holes right next to each other in a piece of LR at the front tank that they would look HILARIOUS both sticking out of...hmmmm)

I'm assuming you want the atlantic lettuce nudibranch (the one that's in stock and 1/2 the price of the pacific variety?)

5. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Phil or Ryan or whoever orders the stuff. Bluezoos is the place to get it, i just saved some bucks so great idea Ryansholl. Anyway i think my total is 88.82 plus shipping. So let me know how we want to do this. Paypall, cash, rubbercheck. Phillby you got a PM. Thanks to all who is getting the order and floating it might be worth a 12 pack or hell maybe a 30 pack. Wayne

6. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Alright, upgrade that order to 1 copperband at 13.97, 3- yellow tangs at 24.95 and 2-emerald crabs at 3.98 each for a grand total of 96.78 plus shipping if that is cool. i pm both Phil and Ryansholl. thanks wayne. I'm leaving for the night so if you guys need something call me on my cell phone.. later wayne

7. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Alright everyone Ryan is going to order this tomorrow morning and we will pay him (I presume upon pickup unless he posts anything different) so if you want to change anything let him know ASAP. Also unless anyone cares Brad suggested (and I agree) that we have them ship priority and tell them we're going to pick up the order at the fedex depot (700 SW 9th). That way we can get the shipment first thing in the morning and begin floating immediately. Ryan has to work at 1, and I'm not sure what Rachel's schedule is. I'm going to go with Ryan and pick up my and Brad's order, so we'll have to work some out for Ryan W and Wayne to get their order

My order - 6 astrae and 12 cerith snails. 2 skunk cleaner shrimp. and if they get some in stock tomorrow morning either a tail spot blenny or a redspotted blenny otherwise just the CUC

Brad's Order - 5 Occelaris clowns MEDIUM sized (so wild caught, and Medium, not the small ones). 50 astrae and 50 ceriths.

Everyone else's order but Ryan Holl's is listed above and since he's doing the ordering he should know what he wants...

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Wayne1 on 12/13/2007 4:31 PM
    ...rubbercheck...
    Are you implying sexual favors?
    The order will be made tomorrow morning, I'll call to make sure they have everything we all want, and if they don't then whoever was in on it first will get priority on what's available (assuming very little is unavailable- if there is a lot of stuff not available I'll run it by everyone first.
    Everyone can pay me when they pick stuff up.  I trust people.  I'm stupid like that.

9. ZLTFUL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wooo...gives me plenty of time to find me some monopoly money...

10. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let me know when you think this is gonna be shipped, i might be able to meet you at fedex also. Or can i just pickup at your house??????Thanks to both of you for doing this..

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It'll get here the morning on the 27th. They're not shipping anymore until after xmas.

12. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's my wife 's b-day, well it looks like she got fish this year instead of a 100.00 bottle of perfume. Ryan can i pick them up at your house like around 3:30 -4:00 or do i need to do it earlier. And do you want the money now or you gonna wait.. By the way your mushrooms died in the bag i did not open. oh well we got more..

13. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Since they're not shipping until then, can we call and add things next week (like in case they get one of the blennies I want in stock??)

14. nielsen2773

nielsen2773 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to get some snails also.I will look and see what they have and post my order later today Thanks Ryan

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I already added something I forgot when I called to make sure we could have it shipped to Fedex only. I'm not going to continually add things though. I'll email them on christmas and call early on the 26th to make sure we get everything squared away.

Forgot to mention, they were out of the ridiculously cheap copper bands, so I picked up the slightly larger, just really cheap ones instead for $5 more. Hope that'll be ok, wayne.

16. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree that we shouldn't consistently be adding/changing things...but I would appreciate adding a tailspot or red spot blenny if they get one in stock.

Did they say they're "reserving" everything from our order even though they're not shipping it for 2 weeks? It would be annoying to wait a couple weeks just to find out they've run out of stock between now and when they ship...

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We'll find out. I'm sure they have an automated inventory, as I did notice that mid-morning the copper bands for $14 went out of stock and I know that they weren't shipping that morning.

If anyone wants anything else, post it up here by xmas and I'll tack it on when I get in touch with them prior to shipping.

18. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Ryan, the big one is fine, maybe he will eat the lion.

19. ZLTFUL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I doubt a real lion could handle the lion living in your tank. Maybe you should add some Kenya tree to take care of it...

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, volitans really, really hate Kenya tree.