1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

anyone use the sunblaze or wavepoint T5 fixtures?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by snowman82, Sep 24, 2009.

1. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    still thinking of switching to t5's and it seems those fixtures are decent for the price.  i want a 48" 8bulb unit  i like the look of them.  i realize there is no fans on them but they wont be overdriven and i can get a clip on fan to blow up at them from the tank no problem.  just wonder what you guys think.  your thoughts and feelings mean the world to me [​IMG]

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    What do you have for lights now?

3. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    pair of 250w halides, i'm not worried about the shimmer at all really mainly color, and heat and cost to run. i was going to run 2 250's and 2 VHO's over my 120 but i dont really want to have a canopy and can't afford a pendent that has what i would like. this seems to be a good way to go T5 i read though the sunblaze units have crappy reflectors

4. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wrote the wrong names down i mean to say "new wave" lights, not wave point i'm sorry either way 300 bucks each

5. Big John

Big John Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ever thoght about the 8 bulb Nova Extreme?----About $450.00 from Foster & Smith---I've got the 324 watt 6 bulb fixture and love it!---However it can't be used with a canopy.

6. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i read a thing on RC where a guy comared PAR values from the Nova and the new wave and the new wave kicked its butt haha but that was the one single reflector Nova not the new ones with SLR's  bad thing about the new wave is its 24" deep same as my tank. might get a little lost light out of it but i think i may just stick with halides, im gunna buy the dual 400w with VHO's on here :)