1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

anyone use the solaris led lights yet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rustin, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was just curious if anyone had used the solaris or other brand of led light systems yet

2. Benji

Benji Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have tried the G series and the newer I5...I ended up returning both of them.  The customer support was non-existent and the PFO representives did not have a working knowledge of their product.  They are versitile and provide a great (far better than MH or T5 imo) look when they function.  I prefer my ATI PM.  In my opinion the leds are great in theory but, the technology has not been perfected for mass production/cosumer/hobby use.
    Like anything else, you will find those who have had great success and love them; while others despise them.

3. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would love to try them, But my wife won't let me give away my right arm, let alone my first born child!!!
    They are outrageously priced IMOP!

4. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with what Benji said.
    I have the PFO Solaris H model, supposedly equal to 400 Watt MH's.
    They did not produce enough light for SPS's, except at the very top of the reef (25" tank depth).
    They are a great light for softies and provide a beautiful look for the tank.
    Well worth it if you are going for a FOWLR or all softies tank.