1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Anyone seen the new X men?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by xroads, Apr 6, 2009.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I know one of you computer guys caught it on the internet.
    How was it?

2. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    theres a new one?

3. asid311

asid311 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's unfinished, doesn't have the special effects yet, sucks just like the other 3 x-men movies did. Deadpool and Gambit are pretty badass though. Deadpool has some good lines.I would wait for Transformers Revenge of the Fallen and Terminater Salvation. Those 2 movies are going to set the bar for the summer. Also keep an eye out for the movie "The Hangover", it's going to be the comedy of the summer.

4. wolfman1973

wolfman1973 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    craig i probly could have helped you out,but i don't do any more of that ever since mediacom sent me a letter basicly saying quit or else.so anyone else out there doing this,be careful.i know of another person who had cfu shut down there internet until they deleted everything on there pc that had to do with bit torrent

5. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It depends on where you get the stuff. If you get it from torrent search sites (btjunkie, piratebay, etc.), there are actually companies who own the copyrighted info that upload it and then check the IPs of people leeching. Join a torrent "club" You will be required to upload at least as much as you download. but it is much more safe. Companies don't get in on these because they essentially have to infringe on copyrights before they are able to upload their own data. It is not the bittorrent that is illegal, but rather the data involved, which I am sure you know.

6. Benji

Benji Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just watched the unfinished version, needed to finish the CGI, and thought it was disappointment. I would elaborate but, I don't want to give anything away for those who wish to see it. I had high hopes for Weapon 11 and, although it looked bad a$$, he was weak considering...

7. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im just glad that gambit finally makes an appearance. That pissed me off in the others, him and Jubilee. they were main charecters in the comic but just side charecters for the movie...as far as watching something before its finished, I personally dont like that, especially on a movie like this. I like my graphics so i just wait for it on blue ray :) i dont go to the theater either i think movie prices are outrageous. Specially since they dont serve beer :)

8. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Heck I have satellite internet. It is so slow it would be in the theatre before it finished downloading.

I am excited to see it. I enjoy most movies & am not a critic by any means. It doesnt take much for me to enjoy one.

9. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    my dad has satellite internet too, i'm not a big fan of it. If his computer was a little faster i think his would be better. whos yours with?

10. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Mine is with wild blue. It just sucks in Iowa.

I am biting the bullet & having a phone line ran this spring so we can get dsl. They didnt give me a price but I am sure it wont be cheap as it is 1200 ft from the rd.

11. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    my dad has hughes net. i dont mind it really, they gave him a new modem last week cause i guess his was old haha