1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Anyone run Ozone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xroads, Nov 19, 2009.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I am sure there is someone in the club that runs it.
    What kind of results do you have?
    Thanks
    Craig

2. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i would like to have a info meeting about this.

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great topic Troy. I'm doing some research on this now so maybe we can discuss this as a group at our next social. I'm obviously no expert, but I can at least share the information that I will have found at that point.

--AJ

4. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Seems like this has been discussion lately and would be a good topic for a meet. I believe AJ had some comments come from Calfo about running ozone. Hopefully he will chime in on what exactly was said.

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There wasn't much said at all. He made a recommendation to Mike at Pet's Playhouse that he should run ozone and I asked a few questions about that recommendation since I've not heard many others recommend the same thing. I knew that if he described things to me, that I would forget most of what he said, so I'm doing my own research on the topic so that I can read (and re-read) things until they finally soak into my thick skull.

--AJ

6. rc1214b

rc1214b

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    IMO... a well setup home reef with excellent water quality and good husbandry shouldn't notice a huge difference in running ozone or not. I feel they are most beneficial to tanks that house large numbers of fish and stores to help prevent illness.

7. rc1214b

rc1214b

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Maybe the next meeting could be a little more general dicussing water quality in general. It's something that everyone knows is important but many might not have parameters as good as they could be. I don't know if Troy has any of my D&D po4 test kit left but you guys are more than welcome to use what's left to test anything you'd like.

8. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  9. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0