1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Anyone interested???????

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Phathead, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Phathead

Phathead Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    One of my buddy's tank started leaking the other day so I am going to be slowly selling everything for him.  To start with is the tank a 90 gallon wave front that has a leak no glass is damaged so I assume it's a silicone leak easily fixable, has some scratches as well.  Also a custom made black wood stand that holds a 65 high sump in the lower cabinet.  Another item I am selling right away is a large clam it is about the size of a football when it is closed, yes cllosed when it is open you could probably fit your head inside of it.  You may have seen it at sea of marvels haung was holding it for him after the flood he said it is probably worth over 1000.00.  I will slowly be putting up pictures so you can all see the size also a list of additional corals that will have prices.  As for the clam and tank/stand all reasonable offers will be considered as it is my buddy's stuff he cant decide on a price so I figured offers would work the best as I am not trying to make any money for doing this for him I just want to see some club members with some of his stuff.  Updates as soon as possible.  I live in Cedar Rapids.

2. Phathead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I found a few pictures I had from a few months ago that were taken with my phone I will get pictures with a real camera soon.  The tank is a ALL GLASS  65 gallon High 36 inch if that helps for size comparison.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How much would he be willing to let the tank and stand go for? Where in the tank is the leak located (bottom, high up, low down, etc.)? Are you able to get any pics of the actual tank? With or without livestock doesn't matter to me :)

4. cbort

cbort Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    how much for all the livestock? if lord of the reef takes the hardware i would be interested in the livestock for the right price!

5. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, this would work very well. This way we are moving the entire system at once (I assume we could work that out), which is what I think you want anyway. Let us know some prices. I don;t want to go too high with the tank as far as cost is concerned as I would be taking a bit of a risk with a potentially broken tank /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/cry.gif

6. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If the glass is intact (which he said that it was), it has to be a silicone issue. Scrape out the old, apply new and you're in business. As long as you do a good job on your new silicone, you should be fine. Wave front tanks are cool.

7. Phathead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    as said before the glass is intact also not sure where leak was coming from he tore it down as soon as he realized it was leaking. Not sure on what livestock is still alive all the corals and livestock have been divided up into three different tanks at 2 different locations so taking it all together is really possible. I will get some pics of the tank for lordofthereef they will be empty pics along with the stand.

8. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Right, but if I am not getting a great deal I would rather just buy a new one. That's just how I am, lol

9. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hear ya...when it's new, you know the history.  I don't blame you a bit for that.  All I was saying is that silicone is usually an easy fix...if you're comfortable working with silicone.  Some people hate the stuff.
    --AJ

10. Phathead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Regarding the clam 1000.00 was just what haun priced the clam at. My buddy is not looking at getting that much out of it by any means. Not sure if that was weighing in on anyones interest in the clam. I only put that in their to gage the value of this clam. FIRst 100.00 takes the 90 wave home.

11. saltwaternewbee

saltwaternewbee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PM sent

12. Matti1978

Matti1978 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What kind of light do you have on it? Would you be interested in selling it seperately?