1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Anyone in the QC area raise and sell copepods?

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Monkey Man Zero, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Monkey Man Zero

Monkey Man Zero Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just got a Mandarin and although I have tons in my tank, I want to add a bit of a buffer while I get my phyto/pods operation going. That dude eats ALL DAY.

2. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    try training him to eat pellets and frozen food. It is cheaper and a heck of a lot easier than pods...

3. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am getting my mandarin to eat frozen prawn eggs and Cylopeeze. He lives in my fuge because he was soo skinny when I moved things over to my new tank. He is the only fish in a 27 refugium filled with live rock, chaeto and pods galore and he still isn't plump so I'm training him to eat other things. I have a small glass jar, on it's side, in the fuge and it's his new feeding station. I put the food in it with a baster and he goes in and eats it. You could try something similar. Mandarins are just not a fish that you should add to your tank unless you have plenty of food and no competition. Mine was fine in my main tank until I added a 6line wrasse then he got skinny.