1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Anyone in Des Moines have some Macro Algae or Live Sand to sell/donate?

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by JohnL, Oct 14, 2009.

1. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm looking for some Macro Algae for a new refuge I'm setting up, If you have some you want part with I'm willing to pay if needed.
    I'm also looking for some small amounts of live sand to help get some mixed life established.
    Thanks
    John

2. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How much sand do you want? I could probably get you some out of my 120, I have plenty of dry sand to replace any I take out but I still wouldn't want to take out too much. 
    I would trade a frag or something.

3. JohnL

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm just looking for a 1/2 cup or so. I don't have any frags yet, I'm just getting started after taking a couple years off.

4. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    can get you a 1/2 cup or so if need be.... I am gonna be out of town tomorrow when were you thinkin?

5. JohnL

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'll send you a PM

6. matt the fiddler

matt the fiddler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    if you are down in the quad cities- my chaeto needs trimming

7. JohnL

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Posted By matt the fiddler on 10/17/2009 11:32 PM
    if you are down in the quad cities- my chaeto needs trimming Any idea how much you'll end up trimming?
    If it were a decent amount would you consider shipping it to me. I'm sure that priority mail would probably work with the temps we're having.  I can sand shipping and a few bucks for your time.

8. matt the fiddler

matt the fiddler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    probably a couple handfuls... i have a 10 gallon that is a bit too full of it..... but I will be making the fugue a 25 soon, so don't want to cut it in half :)

I have a busy week... not sure if a post visit will fit in- but I will keep you posted... (no pun intended)