1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Anyone else tired of Reef Centrals Corporate Attitude

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glaspie69, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ryan, I will supply you with the newspaper....

2. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I beleive you should reward your self with a fat peice of cake for that astounding response.

3. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I haven't been banned yet. To be honest, I am tremendously disappointed.

And my roommate ate my last damned brownie so I have no cake in the house. This night is just chock full of crap and stuff.

4. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's great. I just adore winning by concession. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

The only thing I am trying to ascertain is what exact rule I broke. No where did I say anything threatening to the original poster. I just said that lack of punctuation indicates a tendency towards deficient attention to detail.

Everyday about 100 posts show up where someone tells someone else that they are an idiot for doing one thing or another in this hobby and yet none of those threads are locked nor are those posters threatened with banning. And frankly, most people are more offended by being called an idiot or a moron than they are for being questioned about their lack of punctuation.

With almost absolutely no contempt,
    Yours truly,

Ryan

Carlos wrote on 05/09/2008 09:39 PM:
    I am not going to sit here and argue with you... I dont have the time for it. Follow the rules and you will not hear from me anymore... break the rules and I will have no choice but to remove you from our community. Pretty simple.

Regards,

Carlos
    RC Staff
    RC retains ownership of this message and all associated contents, which are to remain confidential. This message is intended only for the designated recipient(s). Sharing, forwarding or posting of this information, without prior consent, may result in the loss of posting privileges on Reef Central's forums.

ZLTFUL wrote on 05/09/2008 07:12 PM:
    First of all explain to me who I attacked? I pointed out that Saltwater was ACCUSING Atticus of doing something ill intentioned when ALL he was doing was making sure that everyone knew that Saltwater did NOT force the split which would have caused undue stress on the animal.

Saltwater then accused him of telling people not to buy his RBTA. He never did anything of the sort.

Atticus explained his position.

Where in my post am I attacking him personally? I then proceeded to make a comment about his punctuation or lack thereof and how it brings in to question that if he isn't willing to use an extra keystroke to add a period, then perhaps he doesn't make sure his water params aren't questionable (he has admitted in 3 threads I can think of off the top of my head in which he has admitted that he ignores his water condition until something goes wrong).

I then threw in a jab at Atticus as a joke.

I guess a sense of humor and trying to break the tension of a situation isn't allowed.

So, indeed, if you still feel the need, then by all means ban me. It isn't a threat. I don't threaten people on the internet. That's about as impotent as a 95 year old man with low blood pressure.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    More than likely, you pissed off Salwater6900 and he reported the post to the moderators. I don't think they have enough Mods out there to read every post without having Narcs. That is my personal opinion though.

BTW, the "That's about as impotent as a 95 year old man with low blood pressure. " crack got my first laugh of the day out.

6. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    LOL, They've out done themselves once again. Evidently "Fall Fest" is a commercial juggernaut that threatens their very livelyhood...
    [​IMG]

7. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thats funny, because the GIRS Thread always gets spammed with other similar nearby events... I'm pretty sure they all charge admission too.

8. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By lee on 10/09/2008 10:29 PM
    thats funny, because the GIRS Thread always gets spammed with other similar nearby events... I'm pretty sure they all charge admission too.
    Did we remember to throw a bribe the way of reef central.
    So the fish flops on the side we want it too.
    The rules at reef central always seem to be strictly enforce for some yet overlooked for others.