1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Anyone else tired of Reef Centrals Corporate Attitude

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glaspie69, Jan 25, 2008.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Last night Steven Pro posted about when he was going to get paid for writing articles for reefkeeping magainze. He said he has been getting the run around. It was quickly erased but I about fell out of my chair when I read it.

2. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks like people are starting to rebel against the searver issue and such....
    I put my 2 cents worth in...

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=12152186#post12152186

eins

3. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    ah....... it should be fun getting banned though

4. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow....way to go GIRs

Its like the Iowa folks against RC....
    I can see they are getting frustrated with this as 3 or 4 different Mods have chimed in now.

eins

5. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I want to read that thread...but RC won't load. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

6. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol, i just check the thread and it looks like BrianD got in his last word and then closed the thread, what a joke.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not giving my money to them any more. Just joined GIRS.

8. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    he dont know if he can convince himself to let me be a member

9. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    the funniest part about that whole thread was the fact that in the end they did exactly what they keep telling people there not doing......"we don't have power filled mods who make smart *** comments and have god like mind sets" ....THREAD CLOSED.....Oh well another good reason to continue to not post on there forum

10. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    They are on top right now and they've made the mistake of believing that they are invincible and can treat their users and members however they want. The problem with this is that they are flat out wrong. All it will take is one competitor site to reach critical mass with users and it's game over for Reef Central.

Ask AltaVista or Infoseek about this. Who is AltaVista and Infoseek? They were the search engine giants before a little company called Google showed up.

-JB

11. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Check out http://www.reefsanctuary.com they have gathered quite a large group of reefers there.  Some my friends have gone over there from one of the other reef forums I used to frequent, they really like the site.   They also use the www.frags.org for there live coral selling/buying which I like it has a nice interface versus the long forum list that RC uses.  Check it out!

12. matt the fiddler

matt the fiddler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    tibbs, no no no.

the Cake is a spy. @#$%^ spys

13. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You keep it up Matt, and no cake for you!

14. matt the fiddler

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ok /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif
    /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif (this might not makes sense to those who have never played team fortress 1 or 2.....

15. matt the fiddler

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    btw.........(I hope you realize my analogy to reef central by posting that cartoon.)

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope the analogy is that reefcentral regularly fails to load, because I sure can't see that picture /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif src="/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif" align=absMiddle border=0>
    Ha, never mind, I guess my employer is blocking access to the site.

17. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    So in my boredom I decided to check out the feedback forum on RC (crazy that it even loaded) and I stumble on this thread. It really shows the mindset of the mods and admin working that site. I'm not saying the guy was right about the way he handled his business but I don't by any means think the mods need to be locking threads and then half *** bashing people who can't respond. I have a feeling they are going to run into alot of people who just stop using the site, this was the first time in a few weeks I've checked things out and I doubt I'll waste my time again for a long time.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1367356

18. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    The last post in this thread pretty much sums up RC as a whole anymore!   Notice it's a MOD that posted it!  HERE

19. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    wow that was real mature of them. That place is a joke.

20. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So...apparently, I have threatened physical harm to a member of RC...

Supposedly, I have threatened to send "my friend" Saltwater6900 up to Atticus' house to beat him up. And then I apparently threatened him with hitting him with a rolled up newspaper.

When I corrected the Mod who threatened to ban me, and stated that I was not threatening Atticus but was in fact defending his position, I was told that I have been given a public warning to stop making physical threats and if I continue to dispute the opinion of a Mod, which is "FINAL", I will be permanently banned from RC.

I am thinking that my response of "Oh please...no...not banned from RC...whatever will I do without this PRICELESS informational resource with it's search engine that seems to be the root cause of all evil on planet Earth today since it is the most likely cause for everything from trying to do an actual search to trying to view a picture to simply trying to log on???" is not going to garner me any brownie points with the mighty mods of the RC.

Seriously, that place can go pound sand. And I am not talking the nice soft sand of a beach. I am talking the sharpest nastiest silica based sand they can find...the more damage the better.