1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Anyone else tired of Reef Centrals Corporate Attitude

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glaspie69, Jan 25, 2008.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    WOW, they are really starting to SUCK over there. "Debbie2" posts that she has a few anenome's that have split and she gets accused of "possible commercial activity"...

Why do some people insist on using that site for the club? I just don't get it...

-JB

2. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I'm not sure that comment was for debbie........I'm pretty sure that the comment was for someone who bought something and may or may not have sold said item (s) for what may or may not have been a higher price on a separate "website", it's cool though as long as everyone still loves cake we are good.

3. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jbrunken on 02/02/2008 8:39 AM
    WOW, they are really starting to SUCK over there. "Debbie2" posts that she has a few anenome's that have split and she gets accused of "possible commercial activity"...
    Why do some people insist on using that site for the club? I just don't get it...
    -JB
    Actually the post by Aqu was about the "resaling for profit" comment that was made.

4. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I think Agu still likes cake though

5. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By glaspie69 on 02/02/2008 9:09 AM
    I think Agu still likes cake though
    I think your right. Which must be why we are not all banned from there.

6. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I find RC to be a good resource and use it for a variety of things. It's someone elses playground so you just have to learn to play by their rules. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

7. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Oh, I agree.  RC is a great resource.   My argument isn't that RC itself sucks, but their moderation policy which I feel eats away at it's credibility.
    For example, if Joe Corporate comes on to RC and starts posting information about products and deals that he has available, then I think it's well within RC's bounds to say "Hey, you need to be a sponsor to post that".   However, if Joe Average logs on and posts a link to a commercial website and RC delete it because it's not onthe "approved list", then that is censorship.
    -JB

8. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I just think that the mods have better getting some less than great cake, if we could send them a really great cake they'd totally be happy again

9. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What kind of cake? Carrot cake in the shape of a clownfish? BTW, I like cake and you can bribe me with cake. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

10. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jbrunken on 02/02/2008 11:04 AM

Oh, I agree.  RC is a great resource.   My argument isn't that RC itself sucks, but their moderation policy which I feel eats away at it's credibility.
    For example, if Joe Corporate comes on to RC and starts posting information about products and deals that he has available, then I think it's well within RC's bounds to say "Hey, you need to be a sponsor to post that".   However, if Joe Average logs on and posts a link to a commercial website and RC delete it because it's not onthe "approved list", then that is censorship.
    -JB

I completely agree that they are out of hand over there, its a simple matter of people not being mature or educated enough to handle a tiny little bit or power. They act without thinking of its actual effect.
    However, I still agree that moderators are a necessary evil, as long as it used effectively to protect the interests of the group and not the individual moderator.
    STILL a good analogy!

11. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think this stealing of the cake rhetoric needs to stop. Don't make me retract my previous cake statements. The mud slinging HAS to stop in this cake campaign.

Ryan
    *Doing my part to add constructive posts since 2008*

12. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Ryan, are you still bringing cake to the next meeting?

13. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Posted By ZLTFUL on 02/02/2008 12:13 PM
    I think this stealing of the cake rhetoric needs to stop. Don't make me retract my previous cake statements. The mud slinging HAS to stop in this cake campaign.
    Ryan
    *Doing my part to add constructive posts since 2008*
    While I can neither confirm or deny that this so called cake statement has actually been stolen and not just borrowed to better inform people that the option of a good cake my make people feel better, I would ask you to retract your former statement until said statement has some if any proof. A written document of said ownership to said saying needs to be processed through the appropriate channels, if found that this statement in fact has been "stolen" previous statements includeing said statement may or may not be removed. I say good day sir [​IMG]

14. ZLTFUL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The covert cake plans are still in the works...

15. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Any of you guys visit MarineDepot's forum? Thats where all the RC experts went to after they left RC.

16. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good forum....top notch guys there...

eins

17. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Posted By ZLTFUL on 02/03/2008 8:54 PM
    The covert cake plans are still in the works...
    [​IMG]

18. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Had to bump this thread when I saw this over on RC:
    http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1307614

19. ZLTFUL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tibbs tibbs tibbs...the cake is never a lie.

20. Tina

Tina

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thats the main reason i never bothered joining RC...i dont need the high school drama. I dont want to have to be scared of saying something potentially [​IMG]offensive.