1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Anyone else go out and slaughter the deer this weekend??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Waverz, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I hunted with my family up by Clarksville this weekend and today, there were 9 of us total and we got 9 deer so it worked out pretty good.  We saw some pretty awesome bucks but didnt manage to bag any of them.  I went all weekend without taking more than a few shots, today it was on, got me a nice little 2 fer, they will be delicious!

2. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's deer sausage time and the jerky is pretty good too.

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    We allready got our meat back from archery season.

I dont like the big party hunts so I usually sit out shot gun season. Way to many idiots out there who dont watch where the lead flys.

4. champ23

champ23 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    agreed, i got one during bow season and already got everything back...i'm not much for shotgun season.

5. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I havent been hunting but my 3 roommates got 4 during bow season and processed all of it themselves. So tons of deer burgers and everything in between along with some jerky.

6. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I'm doing my part next weekend during second season. I'm not a big fan of the big party hunts either so I'm just going to be sitting in a nice wooded 160 acre patch by myself with my muzzleloader. Got it sighted in yesterday with holes touching at 100yds and about an 1" out at 200 so I would say I'm pretty much good to go! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

7. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so Jeremy's supplying the meat next GIRS meeting?

8. jwess

jwess

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We got seven out of seven.  Two of them are wall hangers for sure.  One of the big eights has a 23.5 inside rack measurement.  The rest were average eights and a couple of does.  We still have a couple of extra tags to fill but seven deer will still made a full day of prossessing next weekend.

9. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Well I filled my tag at 8:10 yesterday morning with a huge doe.  I was just meat hunting so I picked out the biggest doe in the group and dropped her.  125 yards out and dropped her right in her tracks, you got to love the smokepoles!  /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/cool.gif  
    The picture really doesn't do her any justice it was one of the biggest does I've ever seen and it was great dragging it 1/2 mile through two feet of snow.  /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/crazy.gif
    [​IMG]

10. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    get a cart  like my father in law or bring a wheelbarow.
    Its a lot easier

11. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    If there wouldn't have been that much snow it would have been.  I considered driving the 10 miles and going to get my bro in laws snowmobile to drag the stupid thing back.  Of course 2 hours later a guy I work with dropped his 15 yards from where mine fell so we had to do it all over again!  /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/crazy.gif   Oh well still beats the hell out of being at work!  /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

12. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Mine were bigger, ask your bro in law, he helped me drag em'

LOL

13. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    That's what they all say!  /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/w00t.gif   Jon sent me this picture.  He said he took it right before you shot the "big" one!  /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/w00t.gif
    [​IMG]

14. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By davidm199 on 12/14/2008 06:02 PM

Posted By got2lb on 12/14/2008 05:32 PM
    The picture really doesn't do her any justice it was one of the biggest does I've ever seen and it was great dragging it 1/2 mile through two feet of snow.  /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/crazy.gif
    get a cart  like my father in law or bring a wheelbarow.
    Its a lot easier
    I like to take my deer sledding... /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif 
    We have also turned to dressing them in the field and packing out the meat a few times, when they are too far from civilization.  We can have every piece of useable meat off a deer and loaded into backpacks in under 30mins.  It makes it a heck of a lot easier once you get home too.