1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Any ideas why the new puter doesn`t like the controller?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by covey, Feb 12, 2008.

1. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    SO I got a new desktop computer to play games basically. 
    My laptop had Windows Home Basic the new desktop is Vista Home premium.
    I had this controller
    http://www.belkin.com/support/product/?lid=en&pid=F8GFPC100
    Look for 1st person shooters and WoW this thing rocked.  In WoW I moved all the fighting buttons(like12) and d pad all on to one hand.  Leave my right for mouse aiming, camera movement, healing, chating to the right.  Love this setup!
    Okay so both computer run vista, Ive installed and set it up before but it doesn't work on the desktop.
    Software installs fine then I plug in the controller, it beeps to say that new hardware was installed, it even knows the new hardware is the n52 but it doesn't know I am pressing any buttons.
    Tried the normal way of installing, tried having windows find a driver for it, went that website and downloaded and installed new drivers. No change. 
    Any ideas?

2. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    go into the system list then select hardware click game controllers and see if it lists your controller. you may have some sort of conflict with it, might be 2 listed and you have to remove 1.

just guessing.

3. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    It also could be your controller doesn't have the proper drivers that support Vista. I would check with the manufacturer and see if they have drivers.

Yet another reason why Vista sucks.....

4. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes, Vista is a monumental piece of @#$^. I'd seriously suggest going back to Windows XP if at all possible.

-JB

5. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I haven't looked at it, simply because I don't own one. But I wouldn't think it that hard to convert a XP driver for one of those to work on Vista.

6. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Ok so new twist.
    When I 1st post about this problem I couldn't plug it in without the computer freakin out and demanding drivers.

I think it updated itself. Even though the website said to was up to date. Now the controller can be plugged in but the rest of the software can't be installed because of the update and now I am stuck with "Default" settings I cant seem to change.....

AAARRRGHHH!

7. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i would look on microsofts website for updates.

its pretty much the same old story, if your not using a microsoft product and your platform is new your screwed.

these controller makers are way past that controller and wont spend the money to get them working right for everyone, they sold what they wanted to sell and its on to the next model.

dump the controller on ebay and get a microsoft controller.