1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Any ideas how to get us some more members in the area?

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by Waverz, Jan 20, 2009.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Dunno yet, but I hope so!

2. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As soon as I get some I will let you know and you could come get them from me or Proby Jeremy

3. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Madjabjoe on 01/21/2009 05:58 PM

I don't know if this would help but putting pictures on the site of our officers and possibly members is a great PR and net working tool. I am willing to bet that people would be more willing to engage in activities if they could see who they were meeting before hand. Members might recognize each other when out shopping or having a good time at their favorite watering hole and strick up conversations that way. Just some thoughts...
    We had group pictures on the old site.  I don't know how attractive we were to new members, but we were there... [​IMG]

4. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    You mean that isnt your real photo in your Avatar now Travis?

5. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I work at Mad Hat Pets and I've given a couple cards out to people already. I think that helps, because a lot of people just don't know about this group/site.

6. DavidM199

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey adam do you work tomorrow saturday I was going to stop in

7. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Hey, sorry david i didnt see you post that till now, but no i didnt work on saturday. I work this coming saturday though to give CJ the day off. Also, we're out of business cards at Mad Hat, who do I have to tell to get more? I was going to give someone a card but they were all gone, so i just wrote the site down for them. A lot of people have no idea about the site and the cards work good and look real nice!

8. DavidM199

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i only have about 10 left. We are in the process of have more made. I will try to get some more to you this week.

9. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey I have a bunch left I will try to get them over to you this week sometime.