1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Angel on Angel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by corey.nolta, Oct 5, 2018.

1. corey.nolta

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Finally got my queen added to the tank and the french is being a dick! It's only been a few hours since the queen has been added, but I'm thinking about banishing the french to the sump for a time out. Which leads me to my question / discussion starters...

Personal question - should I banish the french or give it a few days to ride out and see if they start to get along (250 tank currently with all lights out)?

Discussion questions...
    1-How often do you have to place a fish in time out?
    and
    2-How long do you leave it in time out?

aaaaaaand go!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  2. D007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +66 / 1 / -0
    id probably wait it out for a day or two if the aggression isnt to severe.

i went thru the same when adding a powder brown and later a yellow, to an adult hippo tang in a 180. friggin WAR but after 2-4 days they were ok and now all swim together and get along great.
    angels may be different but it was some major battling with the tangs so maybee give them a lil time to work it out, of course if its real bad and one will be injured to the point of close to death then maybee time out. but they will probably battle again when ya bring it back up to get the pecking order established.

i thought the pb would be killed with the beatings my hippo gave it but they worked it out.

3. Actuary Well-Known ReefKeeper

Adel, IA
    Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -0
    One other thing you can try.. put a reflective surface on the glass. This has helped me tons with distracting my most aggressive fish while allowing new entrants a chance to acclimate. The biggest a-hole in my tank is a tang though... I'm not sure an angel is quite as dumb. My powder blue will literally attack his reflection for days at a time until I take it down.

4. corey.nolta

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    The French has been banished! I'll leave him in the sump for a while and see how he acts after reintroducing back into the main tank. The queen is actually swimming all over the tank since the french was removed. She's a beauty!