1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Anenome Soup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JB, Jan 27, 2008.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well,  I was sitting at my computer this morning next to my tank when I heard a loud noise coming from one of my powerheads.  Sure enough, the BTA in my tank managed to find one of my Tunzes and of course there wasn't much left.   Twice now, I've had BTA's that seemed very happy (and growing) for about 6 months, then they start to wander around the tank and it never ends well.
    I talked to Hung about it today and he said that it sounded like I wasn't feeding them enough if they were moving around.   I thought I was feeding it too much because it was growing pretty good.
    So, I guess I'm in the market for another BTA.
    /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif
    -JB

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    awh, thats stinks.

how are your water params?

3. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Are you sure it's completely dead? I've had the same thing happen to me before and mine pulled through. Hopefull yours will too, if it's still in your tank.

[​IMG]

4. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well, it was shredded into about 25 seperate pieces, so yeah, I'm sure it was dead.

Ben, all of my water parameters are well within normal conditions.

-JB

5. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    we had one get shredded before and i left 3 little pieces that didnt look that bad and i dont know how for sure but 2 lived and we had cute little bulbble tips

6. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mine got sucked into a maxijet 1200 and ended up as 3 live pieces. They will also move if flow has changed or some even move to a dark area to split.

7. FishNewb1

FishNewb1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Aww im sorry about your loss... i just had a loss this week too. I was cleaning off my powerhead filters and forgot to put them back on then the next day my lawnmower blenny got his head caught in it...

I have an extra RBTA if your looking for one. pm me if interested.

8. reeffreak3652

reeffreak3652 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My BTA's take off behind my rockwork bout every 6 months to split and then come right back to where they were. Although the last time they did this the clone took off right to the powerhead and got chopped up. They really are kind of a PITA in a reef tank, and hey....at least it didnt mow over some SPS before it got chopped.

9. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear about the accident.  I've had that happen to me and it wasn't pretty although it didn't cause my tank to crash or anything.
    Although I think BTA's are beautiful creatures I've decided I just can't deal with them moving around and reaching out for my powerheads.  There must be something about powerheads that are attractive to them...........