1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

anemone for ocellaris

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guest, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I try to find most answers myself and not be a flooder but some questions are to specific.... I have a young 1.5' ocellaris, healthy and colorful, however i feel bad (even though its not required) that i haven't provided it an anemone. the catch is that i have a 29 gallon w/ 130w light which i understand is low by anemone standards. From what i understand, a bubble tip may work. Am I on the right track? or am I the village idiot?

and get this, i noticed today that i have a turbo that has a microscopic colony of zoa or something on its shell (9 or 10 polypy things) AINT THAT SOME SH**!

2. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    you can try a bubble but most percula familys enjoy sebae more that ive found and if he is captive bred then sometimes need to add a wild caught to show em what to do

3. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No such thing as a percula family, it is an Ocellaris... and the wild caught teaching tank raised thing is a myth... Your tank is small for any anemone besides mushroom anemones. I personally would look for some frilly shrooms as Ocellaris really are not that picky, but anemones are. You could also get a leather coral or LPS with flowing polyps. Save the anemone as a reason for the next tank upgrade!!! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif