1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Aiptasia question???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kyle, Dec 18, 2008.

1. kyle

kyle Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have found a few tiny transparent to milky colored tiny anemones.Are aiptasias ever this color? or only tan to dark brown?
     Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    if there somewhat out of the light they tend to loose color......i beleive you got the poo on you

3. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mine are all a transparent-white color with purple bands... Thankfully I haven't seen one in my display tank in months. They like to colonize the hell out of my sump though. Maybe my peppermints are taking care of them in the display tank?

4. Monkey Man Zero

Monkey Man Zero Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yep. I have found the really aggressive Aptasia are the translucent and striped. They seem to multiply very rapidly. The dark brown, I have found to be generally docile and rarely multiply in my tank.

5. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just killed 6 in my sump this morning. I swear there weren't any last night.

6. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Monkey Man Zero on 12/19/2008 11:08 AM
    Yep. I have found the really aggressive Aptasia are the translucent and striped. They seem to multiply very rapidly. The dark brown, I have found to be generally docile and rarely multiply in my tank.
    The lighter ones are more apt to move to get to either flow for food or light.  When they move they will spread leaving little sob's behind.