1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Aging of my fish?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Madjabjoe, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Madjabjoe

Madjabjoe Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A few of my fish are going to be hitting 4 yrs old and that is just how long I have had them. Do fish show signs of aging. I am beginning to wonder in the next few years will I see a few of my fish start to slow and possibly die of old age. I have read that fish can live up to and around 8 years given everything they need is provided. Also, how rare is it that I have never had an ich out break (knock on wood) in the 4 or so years my tank has been up and running. Just curious if anyone else has had great luck in keeping that damn stuff out of their tank.

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I have head of clowns living in captivity for 20 years. I am not sure about other breeds.

Ich is a parasite or bug. If it isnt in your tank, your fish wont break out in it. Either you had good QT procedures, or you got lucky & never introduced it.

3. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I only had ich on one fish in my years of freshwater.

Tangs in general are the mostly likely to get ich out of all the salt water fish. I believe I had ich for only 4 days on my tangs. But I don't know if I just have that Hippos get ich easily burned into my mind and thought it was ich.