1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

acrylic tank

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elazar, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Elazar

Elazar Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am going to be purchasing an acrylic tank this weekend. I was told it has some scratches. Wondering if anyone has some tips for removing them or buffing them out. I did get some novus cleaner/buffer. It comes in 3 stages. 3 heavy scratches, 2 light scratches, 1 polisher antidust and antistatic. If anyone knows how well this works let me know. If you know of any other product that would be usefull info. Thanks!!

2. varner

varner

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    it works great just remember to let the buffer do the work and keep the pad wet.

3. Elazar

Elazar Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What do you think is the best kind of pad to use? When you say wet do mean with just the novus cleaner or do you suggest dilluting it at all?

4. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Elazar, just wet the pad with water before you apply the polish. Just use a small auto buffer, or orbital.

Just remember to not buff in one spot too long or you can heat and distort the acrylic, ( just keep the buffer moving don't stop in one spot.)
    Good luck!