1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Acrylic aquarium

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elazar, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Elazar

Elazar Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looking for an acrylic aquarium 48 inches or more. Willing to travel if price is right.

2. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Are u sure you want acrylic man? Do you know how easy acrylic scratches all you have to do is look at it and it will scratch! Not to mention the crazy price of acrylic.

3. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah you want acrylic! scratches are better than chips and breaks. Glass does have its advantages but there are ways around cleaning your glass so often! Try IAPet Foods they have a couple. I think if you showed up w/cash you will get one.

4. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Posted By billbigsbe1 on 04/23/2009 09:30 PM 
    Glass does have its advantages but there are ways around cleaning your glass so often! What are the ways around cleaning your glass? I could sure use that info as I have to clean mine every other day.[​IMG]

5. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    iowa pet foods has a 75g reef ready tank with a canopy and stand (looks like an old display) with alot of scratches on it that will need about 5 hours or more worth of buffing out, but they want like 200 for it but cash does speak to so can prolly get it cheaper

6. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What kind of tank do you have now
    where are you located