1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

A word about our sponsors & your personal purchases

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xroads, Oct 22, 2009.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0

In the last 2 years we have been able to get a wide selection of companies to sponsor us.  Some sponsor us with cash, others with donations to our raffles.
    Please keep them in mind when you are making your personal purchases.  Their sponsorships is an investment in order to generate business from us.  If we do not buy from them, our sponsorships will dry up.
    An easy way to keep our club in their mind is to add a note to each order thanking them for supporting us.  If you are ordering from someone who is not a sponsor add a note saying "member of the Greater Iowa Reef Society"
    We are getting a large enough member base where our numbers will start working for us.  We have been able to add several new sponsors this year because of this.
    Thank You
    Craig

2. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good tip Craig! I'll definitely start doing that!

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've done that some in the past, but only with vendors that I know have supported us in the past (like Oceans Wonders, etc). I didn't think about how it could contribute to a vendors consideration of us in the future...I'll do that more consistently.

--AJ

4. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Great idea! A tip to live by.