1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

A Very Special Thanks

Discussion in '2012' started by Andy The Reef Guy, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Andy The Reef Guy

Andy The Reef Guy Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am completely wiped out from today, but I'm sure I'm not alone. I'm glad to see that members are happy and chiming in on the forums to report what a great time they had at Fall Fest 2012. You cannot imagine the amount of work, and time, and coordinattion, that goes into these events. The vendors are guys that cannot simply do it for the money! They are so much more invested in these events as a life style, and for the love of the community. It is Remarkable how far these guys travel, and the weekends they spend working instead of resting.

The speakers; these guys have done it all! For any of you guys who are looking to get some face time with your favorite speaker/writer/hobby pioneer VOLENTEER FOR A FEST EVENT! I missed their talks, but the time we spend friday and saturday night at dinner was priceless. These guys have dedicated their lives to the hobby; they've ran businesses, developed products, engineered incredible reef systems, consulted on aquaculture projects, participated in club events, contributed to scientific research, and published photos and articles in numerous publications. It sounds like a rock star life style, but these guys EARN it! Making connections, traveling, reading, writing, communicating, and promoting. It takes time, and it takes a lot out of a guy I'm certain! They too, do it for a love of the hobby, and we have to thank them enormously for that! I hope you guys enjoyed your time, I hope you message reached many people, and I hope where-ever the accmodations were lacking or less than ideal it was made up for with hospitality, company, and entertainment. I hope to be graced with your company again in the futture.

To everybody who volenteered for the club, and for me. We really pulled it together today. You guys carried me through this event! I could not have done it without you! Kyle, Matt, Fawn, Elliot, David, Bob, Joe. You guys made my day today and if it weren't for you we would never have been able to do it. Thank you a million times for your efforts and time, I can never repay you enough. You guys are FAMILY.

For everyone who helped me coordinate, gave me feedback, direction, ideas; Janette, Joe, Matt, Mike, Craig, Tim, JB. You guys have given me so much guidance for a task which I had no previous experience. We really put everything together, our planning was impeccable. Your support, inspiration, and constant and prompt feedback has been EVERYTHING to me for the last 2 months.

Everyone who attended; we would have nothing without you. We hope you got as much from this event as we get from your patronage, and your activity in our community. The proceeds from these events go to support more events like these, local club activities, and server fees to keep our forums alive. If you are new to the community and you have not expereinced meeting members in your immediate area you are missing out! This hobby unites us all. It's a discipline, it's a labor of love, it's an obsession, it's a life style, it's an homage to our respect and facination with the natural world, and especially the marine environment. Keep engaged, keep learning, keep in touch everyone.

Sincerely,

ANdy (the reef guy)

2. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    It was a great show! Seemed very well organized, venue was awesome. Had a great time. Great job to all involved!

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0

And thanks to you!

It takes dozens of hours of volunteer time to put on an event like this. It went very very smoothly, I dont think I heard one complaint.

4. Donnie

Donnie Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    just want to say THANK YOU to all who made this an almost perfect fall fest! the only thing complaining is my wallet. lol! AND THANK YOU ALL AGAIN! GREAT JOB!

5. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You all did a great job and should be pleased with yourselves.

6. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    awsome job andy

7. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    Great job Andy and many thanks to everyone who helped!

8. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Great Event and went very well. I 2nd the meeting of the speakers was one of the best times I have had in a long time. I didn't get to see there talks, but just from meeting them the night before was great.

Thanks