1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

A Special Thanks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glaspie69, Jan 19, 2008.

1. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I'd like to give a special thanks to Billy and the board for hosting a wonderful first meeting for 2008. Seems like things have taken a good turn. These meetings take alot of organizing and planning and in the past it's been somewhat of a thankless job, so, thank you. Thanks to Eric for letting us use and abuse his workplace. And thanks to everyone who came out today, it's always nice to see everyone, oh and thanks to Josh and Bill for the fun new frags and Billy and Joel for the fun new toys. I dont know about everyone else but I'm definitely looking forward to the upcomming events. J

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I second that. Excellent work BOD members!

If the meeting is any indication, we are in for a great year. Anyone know the total head count? There had to be 50 people there.

-JB

3. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Jason for the kind comments. On behalf of the board, I would like to thank everyone for coming out today! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif It was very encouraging and exciting to see a big crowd today. As you saw from the presentation, there is a lot of local and state-wide events lined up. Please go out and take full advantage of them and above all, have fun!

I apologize if I didn't get to meet everyone today but look forward to doing so in the near future. Again, thanks for coming out to support the club today!

Also, if you have any feedback for us, don't hesitate to contact the board by clicking on the contact link above or contact your regional trustee.

4. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Jason thanks for the kind words.
    Thanks to everyone that was able to show up today. It was great to get to meet so many people from the different areas. It was very nice to see such a big crowd out considering the weather and how busy everyeone has been over the past month with the holidays. I know it means a lot to the board to see this kind of participation we had today.
    Again, thanks to all of you.
    Billy

5. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks J ! I too think that this is a great indication of how the rest of the year will turn out. Thanks to everyone that showed up, i hope you all had a good time.
    We had a great turnout! I have 41 names on the sign in sheet and i know there are a few that didn't sign in including my wife and myself, so i would say we had about 50 people show. Definitely not bad for the first meeting.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you guys are awesome! it was way nice to see more people (take in a few more names, its hard to get them all at once)

i thought it went pretty freakin smooth.

and a side note - those chairs are awesome and i enjoyed myself some rainbow chips delux (or whatever they were called)

congrats to the raffle winners!

7. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I am glad it was a success. Who won what?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i won like 3 pairs of bottles of a sort of 2 part (nano reef 2 part?)

i only knew a few people but they will probably post here.

9. Wenszoo

Wenszoo Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well I will have to be the first to admit that with all the new bod members I was nervous but as everybody has said if this meeting is any indication way to got BOD it was AWESOME. and hey I won the refractometer.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I won the phosban reactor, which was great because it and the kill-a-watt were the two items I was really hoping to win!

-JB

11. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I also want to thank everybody who had a part in making the meeting today happen! It was our first meeting, and we thought it was very well organized. The "garage sale" idea was great too! It was really nice to meet some new people, and see some others who we have met in the past. We both had a really great time!

I was the very lucky winner of the Aquacontroller II, and three sets of the Kent Nano Reef Parts A & B calcium & alkalinity supplements!

12. hopper75

hopper75

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This was my first GIRS event and I was extremely impressed! Thanks for the sweet raffle prizes and all the awesome deals at the sale tables. I am really looking forward to future events!
    Brian

13. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great meeting, very well organized and very exciting to see all the fun events planned out for the year.  I liked that the money stuff was disclosed, as I never knew how much the club took in, put out etc.  It was a lot of fun seeing old faces and all the new ones too, wow!  I'm already excited for the frag auction in April /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes, it was an excellent meeting, it was nice to see some old aquaintances and it was very nice to meet some new people.  The turn out was the best yet, a great raffle and a very nice time to socialize.

15. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for everything the BOD has done this year so far! As Glaspie said it's definitely a thankless job. And a LOT of time goes into getting these meetings setup behind the scenes. But it helps make it worth it when you see a very large crowd as we had yesterday at a meeting. Looks like we'll have to start looking for bigger places to have meetings which is major plus in my book!

Thanks again goes out to the BOD and all the old and new members that came to the meeting to help christen the new year! Looks like it will be a good one! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

16. mnballard

mnballard

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I won the Hydor-Koralia 4. I also found a few treasures in the free box that will have a home in my tank. Great event and a great group of people, thanks for the effort and time put into this by all.

17. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I thought the meeting was great in every way! Nice presentation BOD with great and concise information. Awesome raffles ( I reallyy wanted those Purple People Eaters-congrats to the winner!) and lots of lucky happy winners. The garage sale was a great idea and successful as well. Plus, kudo's for our new business cards and to having name tags at the meeting. It is SO much easier having a name tag no matter how corny they might seem to be. The BOD have obviously been hard at work to have gotten our club meetings off the ground in such a positive way and with each district having concrete plans for the first part of 2008. I was impressed that so many members made a point of making it to the meeting on a such a very cold day. Awesome job members!!!

18. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Other than no cake, it was a great trip. Well worth the time.

But next time, I would like to request cake.

Well, because I like cake. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

Thanks for the hard work BOD!!!

19. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks very much to the BOD and everyone involved in putting this meeting together. This was my first statewide meeting and it was great to see such a turnout. I was also glad to see that most of the local pockets of reefers have monthly get togethers planned, I think that is key to keeping existing members active and attracting new members.

Hopefully the next GIRS meeting (April Fragswap in DM) it won't be so freaking cold out!! And Ryan W if you really want cake at our meetings, the next meeting is in DM - so let Ryan H know you'll help out in the planning (as I'm sure many of us will) and you can be in charge of the cake committee!

20. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wooo! We're gonna have cake!