1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

A sad turn of events...tearing down ans selling off

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted member 120, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Deleted member 120

Deleted member 120 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm afraid the time has come to tear down my reef.  I am very heart-broken over having to do this.  My wife got a new job in Kansas City and she and the kids will be moving down there at the end of July.  I am still looking for a new employer there but in the mean time will be traveling back and forth a lot.
    My tank has been up and going for two and a half years and I have some beautiful SPS and LPS that I am crushed to have to sell.  Seems like just yesterday I put my first 6 heads of frogspawn in the tank.  Now there are 40 or 50!  The hardest one to part with is my tri-colored acro that was about two inches tall when I got it and is now bigger than my fist!  Over the next few days I'll be posting pictures and prices for everything and I only hope they find good homes with loval reefers...

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    sorry to hear that man

3. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear it too.  I'm sure that you will be able to start another reef tank once again in the future!

4. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear that your going to have to tear down your system. Will you be able to set it back up after your move. I have a fairly large basement with two systems going down there if you'd like to have me hold some things for you.